All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

4 hours ago, ball junkie said:

That injury was not because of a slippery floor imo 

I agree

Edit:  if he’s out for the whole season I have to assume that it means he’s going to have surgery 

https://www.cedars-sinai.org/health-library/diseases-and-conditions/l/lisfranc-joint-injury.html#:~:text=There are different categories of,joint injuries are somewhat uncommon.

"How is a Lisfranc joint injury treated?

Your treatment may vary based on the severity of your injury. You may need only nonsurgical treatment for your injury if you don’t have any bone breaks, if your bones are still in alignment, and if your ligaments are not completely torn. For these types of injuries, your treatment might include:

• Taking pain medicines
  • Wearing a non-weight-bearing cast or boot for 6 weeks
  • Wearing a weight-bearing cast or a special foot support after the first 6 weeks
  • Having serial X-rays to find out how your foot is healing

It is very important not to put weight on your foot during the initial healing period.

If your injury was more severe than this, you probably will need surgery as well. Your healthcare provider may do a surgery called open reduction and internal fixation. During this surgery, they put your bones back in the correct alignment. Using special metal plates and screws, your surgeon physically reattaches the pieces of your bones back together. Your surgeon might remove some or all of this hardware at a later date. They might also repair other ligament injuries."

Based on reports that he is out for the season, I would guess that the damage is going to require surgery, and an extended rehab. It seems like even the "mildest" form of this injury is 12 weeks in various casts/boots and several months of rehab, which would probably be February at the soonest. They might be saying the full season just to be cautious, but it likely is more severe. 

42 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

https://www.cedars-sinai.org/health-library/diseases-and-conditions/l/lisfranc-joint-injury.html#:~:text=There are different categories of,joint injuries are somewhat uncommon.

"How is a Lisfranc joint injury treated?

Your treatment may vary based on the severity of your injury. You may need only nonsurgical treatment for your injury if you don’t have any bone breaks, if your bones are still in alignment, and if your ligaments are not completely torn. For these types of injuries, your treatment might include:

• Taking pain medicines
  • Wearing a non-weight-bearing cast or boot for 6 weeks
  • Wearing a weight-bearing cast or a special foot support after the first 6 weeks
  • Having serial X-rays to find out how your foot is healing

It is very important not to put weight on your foot during the initial healing period.

If your injury was more severe than this, you probably will need surgery as well. Your healthcare provider may do a surgery called open reduction and internal fixation. During this surgery, they put your bones back in the correct alignment. Using special metal plates and screws, your surgeon physically reattaches the pieces of your bones back together. Your surgeon might remove some or all of this hardware at a later date. They might also repair other ligament injuries."

Based on reports that he is out for the season, I would guess that the damage is going to require surgery, and an extended rehab. It seems like even the "mildest" form of this injury is 12 weeks in various casts/boots and several months of rehab, which would probably be February at the soonest. They might be saying the full season just to be cautious, but it likely is more severe. 

The team announced he’ll need surgery.  They’re spinning it 100 different ways to say this isn’t really a bad thing, many players miss their rookie years, etc.  All BS from my standpoint.

Edit:  Source https://sports.yahoo.com/oklahoma-city-thunder-rookie-chet-holmgren-to-miss-2022-23-nba-season-to-foot-injury-140734349.html

8 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Franz feeling it on that long three. I;m so happy this guy is on the Magic and what is so funny is nobody here was all too excited when he was drafted. Good job Welt/Ham

I will eat crow... I def wanted Chet and thought the injury concerns were unfounded.. but i bended to support Jabari when it looked like we were going that way.

I was NOT a paolo fan. I am still not a paolo fan yet, though i was surprised by his summer league.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spaceman said:

Franz feeling it on that long three. I;m so happy this guy is on the Magic and what is so funny is nobody here was all too excited when he was drafted. Good job Welt/Ham

That hop step at :25 i think is illegal in the NBA correct?

3 minutes ago, Captain said:

Franz is playing like how we though Hezonja would 

When Mario was out of the league i went back to review some of the hype videos and google his stats from Europe. Honestly i don't know why we ever got excited. The kid was a true coin flip, i didn't really see the reason he was even drafted so high. 

• Upvote 1