All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

I personally don't believe this is a weight issue and is a freak accident caused by playing on an unsafe court. But I'm so *****ing glad we didn't draft Chet. I would have felt so unbelievably deflated right now. 

It's not the weight, it's the body structure. He's all skin and bones.

• Upvote 1

We dodged a major bullet feel sorry for those OKC fans and Chet but I’m that much happier we made the right choice by drafting a guy who has an NBA ready body and the game to back up being the number 1 pick. 

I'm so heartbroken for Chet. God how I wanted that kid here. But the critics were right and it didn't even take a regular season game. I hope he can come back healthy and successful soon

DJ slam dunked on me like he was Vince Carter 

Wow i feel bad. Poor kid, not a good way to start a career. You know he loves basketball too. He isn't just some tall boy who was forced to play. On the other hand thank god the Magic didn't draft him. 

• Upvote 1

My "haunting" take on the Chet situation: 

Had the Magic drafted Chet and this happened, it would have been a franchise crippling event. Given all of the recent injuries to Fultz, Isaac and others, not only would it have set us back a year, WeltHam would have been let go this season and the franchise would have been in disarray.

What a dodged bullet.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

We dodged a major bullet feel sorry for those OKC fans and Chet but I’m that much happier we made the right choice by drafting a guy who has an NBA ready body and the game to back up being the number 1 pick. 

I have to quote this, we all talked ourselves into Jabari but only because of the rumors. We honestly had to pick the most NBA ready player. And Paolo was that guy. He had to be the pick. Chet and Smith honestly had more growing to do. In the old days when i was young they would be back to school. So would Paolo but he looked ready all year. 

Again i feel bad about it but we all knew this was going to happen.