All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

38 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

A very interesting display of confidence. Hopefully this means that Kelle has a good idea of our team health as well. 

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I like that he said 4th seed and not 1st. Shows that he's not just saying what people want to hear and really believes the team has a chance.

I'm debating the wisdom of picking up a veteran PG, someone like Eric Bledsoe or DJ Augustin. Someone who can play backup if Fultz, Anthony, or Suggs is out, who can step in if someone is just having a really off night; but who can also help mentor them into how to succeed as a PG in this league. I know that we would need to free up a roster spot by either trade or waiving an existing player/contract; hence the (internal) debate. We currently already have 15 guaranteed contracts, 1 non-guaranteed, and both of our 2WP spots filled; so something/someone would have to give, and would it be worth it to free up a space?

Fultz/Anthony/Suggs - Cannady (ng)

G Harris/Ross/Hampton

F Wagner/Okeke/Houstan - K Harris (2WP)/Schofield (2WP)

Banchero/Isaac/M Wagner

Carter/Bamba/Bol

Opinions on trying to pick up a veteran PG on a vet minimum contract? How/who do we move to clear a space? Is it something we do prior to training camp, or something we do mid-season, or at the trade deadline? 

Here's a couple more questions for the group. What free agency move this summer was the best by the front office? The worst? Is there one that makes you go, huh? Here are my picks:

Best - Gary Harris to a reasonable, make-good type of contract. I have a feeling that he is going to come back to being the player he was pre-injury, and this is going to be a steal! I like the fact that they seem big on short-term, make good contracts; as both the Bamba and Bol contracts can be classified as that type as well. 

Worst - I'm not sure I have one that strikes me as a bad move, so at the moment I will leave this as incomplete. I'm leaning towards the Bol re-signing, though I get wanting to see if he can get healthy and finding out what you might have. 

Huh - The decision to re-sign BOTH Bamba and Bol strikes me as a little bit of a "what are they thinking?" kind of move. I would have expected them to maybe re-sign one or the other. As noted above, I'm afraid Bol may turn out to be a mistake, but at least it isn't a super expensive one. 

There is still time to make a few more moves, but this is my thoughts to date. Anyone else want to weigh in on this?

3 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

I'm debating the wisdom of picking up a veteran PG, someone like Eric Bledsoe or DJ Augustin. Someone who can play backup if Fultz, Anthony, or Suggs is out, who can step in if someone is just having a really off night; but who can also help mentor them into how to succeed as a PG in this league. I know that we would need to free up a roster spot by either trade or waiving an existing player/contract; hence the (internal) debate. We currently already have 15 guaranteed contracts, 1 non-guaranteed, and both of our 2WP spots filled; so something/someone would have to give, and would it be worth it to free up a space?

Fultz/Anthony/Suggs - Cannady (ng)

G Harris/Ross/Hampton

F Wagner/Okeke/Houstan - K Harris (2WP)/Schofield (2WP)

Banchero/Isaac/M Wagner

Carter/Bamba/Bol

Opinions on trying to pick up a veteran PG on a vet minimum contract? How/who do we move to clear a space? Is it something we do prior to training camp, or something we do mid-season, or at the trade deadline? 

I’m good with any excuse to get rid of Hampton 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Paolo playing in the CrawsOver again today and it's a stacked group including LeBron and Tatum. 

It was painful to watch. I mean everything besides the actual quarter and a half game. Chet might be hurt as well.

1 hour ago, Extential said:

It was painful to watch. I mean everything besides the actual quarter and a half game. Chet might be hurt as well.

I didn’t see anything yet. Observations?