All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

20 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Will be fun having even more of a rivalry with the Hawks. We already have John Collins essentially being Jonathan Isaac’s son, and now Dejounte is trying to bully our rookie over a meaningless pro-am game. Add in Trae and his bastardized version of basketball being the easiest thing ever to root against, and I’m here to hate the Hawks.

It's a toss up between Chet and Trae for worst hair in the league.  Poor Trae looks like he sprays it on before warmups.

4 hours ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

who on earth IS that? lol

He's only a camp body. But he's possibly a punt on untapped upside to be fair he's a former 5 star recruit who's still only 22 and has played in the G league and overseas. Could be an attempt at a Khem Birch style pickup. I imagine they'll get a good look at him in camp, send him to Lakeland for the season and then re-evaluate whether they want to keep him around next summer. 

On 8/8/2022 at 11:44 PM, All Eyes On Me said:

Will be fun having even more of a rivalry with the Hawks. We already have John Collins essentially being Jonathan Isaac’s son, and now Dejounte is trying to bully our rookie over a meaningless pro-am game. Add in Trae and his bastardized version of basketball being the easiest thing ever to root against, and I’m here to hate the Hawks.

I was thinking the same thing, first game vs Atlanta Hawks is must see TV now. 

16 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

He's only a camp body. But he's possibly a punt on untapped upside to be fair he's a former 5 star recruit who's still only 22 and has played in the G league and overseas. Could be an attempt at a Khem Birch style pickup. I imagine they'll get a good look at him in camp, send him to Lakeland for the season and then re-evaluate whether they want to keep him around next summer. 

Yeah the rationale is all fine, I am just honestly confused that the name hasn't run past me at all before. Or I've completely blanked it. 5 Star you say..

4 hours ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Yeah the rationale is all fine, I am just honestly confused that the name hasn't run past me at all before. Or I've completely blanked it. 5 Star you say..

Yup, 5 star recruit, one underwhelming year at Vanderbilt, and undrafted in 2019. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Franz played for Germany last night:

But unfortunately Mo is injured and out of the Euro qualification games.

• Like 1