All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

2 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Luka put up 21, 8 and 6 his rookie year and wasn't an All star.

I hear that. West was stronger then. He is gonna be a all star 1st season...

Has that happened b4?

5 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

I hear that. West was stronger then. He is gonna be a all star 1st season...

Has that happened b4?

A lot of times but not so much in the modern NBA, Blake Griffin was the last rookie to do it. 

2 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Wiggins will be the prize. I could see the other 3 teams bidding heavily for him. Not us.

Jordan Poole is the guy I want, he's an RFA who might sign an extension before hand but it's going to cost GSW a massive amount to keep him when factoring in the tax bill. Or failing that Gary Trent Jr. 

GP MIN FG% 3P% FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS

468 28.8 44.8 36.3 81.2 2.5 2.1 0.2 1.2 1.8 1.2 11.8
204 27.9 41.6 38.9 82.0 2.2 1.4 0.2 1.1 1.6 0.7 13.5

So, this is the difference between Gary Harris and Gary Trent, Jr. career-to-date numbers. Now, having said that, Trent is younger by about 3 years, and is an inch taller. I haven't really noticed how Trent's defense is. I like Trent (and Poole), but I think Gary Harris re-signing for "prove-it" type of money may be one of the best free-agent moves we could have done. He is really just beginning to get back to the player he was pre-injury. I really think we could take a major leap this year if we can get/stay healthy.

I think we even have the depth throughout most positions that we can ease guys in without having to play anyone 35+ minutes. My sole concern right now is PG - I am expecting a lot from a healthy Fultz, but the difference between how we play with him on/off the court is really dramatic. I don't have a lot of confidence in Cole Anthony at the point, he is much more of a combo guard. I have no confidence in RJ Hampton at the backup PG. I really hope that Suggs can solidify this position for us.

Fultz/Suggs

Harris/Anthony/Hampton

F Wagner/Ross/Okeke/Houstan

Banchero/Isaac/Bol

Carter/Bamba/M Wagner

and then you throw in Kevon Harris and Admiral Schofield as 2WP. I don't think there is a roster spot for Cannady, unless we trade someone out (Ross or Hampton?). 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

Just curious has nothing been posted since thursday?

We literally have nothing to talk about that hasn’t already been said. Lol