All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

On 7/12/2022 at 1:12 AM, Luke_FfS said:

Engeland out from SA. Someone knows if he's just retiring, or has already an offer somewhere else?

Would possibly teach one thing or two about shooting to our young core...

Here I have the answer... okc always pro-active.
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34301924/oklahoma-city-thunder-hiring-shooting-guru-chip-engelland-assistant-coach-sources-say

7 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I didn’t enjoy watching the Magic play basketball last season.  Did you?

Without Fultz, last year was unbearable for me. With Fultz, last year started to become enjoyable for me.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Without Fultz, last year was unbearable for me. With Fultz, last year started to become enjoyable for me.

That's reasonable.  Well hope springs eternal in the summer.  I acknowledge there's more reasons for potential optimism this season.  Soon enough we'll see if they can turn that potential into reality.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

That's reasonable.  Well hope springs eternal in the summer.  I acknowledge there's more reasons for potential optimism this season.  Soon enough we'll see if they can turn that potential into reality.

If our guards can learn to shoot, I think we’ll be a different team. If not, well…

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

Among other things, we just re-signed Harris, so we can’t make this trade at this time.

We actually can trade Gary Harris as he was an extension not a free agent signing. 

Seriously doubt we move for Sexton though, if we wanted him we could have done something with him early on and kept Gary and Bamba afterwards so it'd be kind of dumb to trade Gary for him now. 

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

We actually can trade Gary Harris as he was an extension not a free agent signing. 

Seriously doubt we move for Sexton though, if we wanted him we could have done something with him early on and kept Gary and Bamba afterwards so it'd be kind of dumb to trade Gary for him now. 

I somehow missed that Harris was an extension and is tradeable. I was thinking that we still would have to wait three months before we could move him. I don’t think Sexton would be the right move, but good to know the option is available. Thanks CT!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

I somehow missed that Harris was an extension and is tradeable. I was thinking that we still would have to wait three months before we could move him. I don’t think Sexton would be the right move, but good to know the option is available. Thanks CT!

THIS WOULD BE HILARIOUS, if we traded for him. 

I wanted in the 2018 Draft in order

Luka then Ayton if we went 1 then when we had 6 i did NOT want Trae Young (I thought he had the highest Upside and the Highest Bust Potential) I did not not want Bamba but sexton or SGA...

We draft Bamba, but now we have Carter also. To trade for sexton would be a humiliating acknowledgement that we had no idea how to evaluate talent then.

Magic twitter team have been teasing the old school pinstripes and the old school logo the past week or two. 

If we re-release the pinstripes I'm buying a Paolo jersey (my first jersey since I was a legitimate child). 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Magic twitter team have been teasing the old school pinstripes and the old school logo the past week or two. 

If we re-release the pinstripes I'm buying a Paolo jersey (my first jersey since I was a legitimate child). 

The last jersey I bought was Elfrid, and it led me down a path of only buying throwbacks from now on. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

The last jersey I bought was Elfrid, and it led me down a path of only buying throwbacks from now on. 

Very reasonable. It would be my luck that Paolo would bust if I bought the jersey so for the good of Magic basketball I will abstain.

saw this tweet, thought it was awesome for discussion as WCJ and suggs are in the top - i love the 5th observation. I couldnt find Bamba.

• Upvote 1