All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

On 7/26/2022 at 5:14 AM, fan for too long 2 said:

Come on man. Mitchell >>>>>>>>>Arenas. DM is 25 wasn’t Gilbert like on his last legs when we got him. And I’m sick and tired of waiting for young players to wake up and realize they are Jordan. Not gonna happen, cut bait pick and keep the best u got. Add an all star to the pieces you have and you are a contender. 

Not sure he meant Arenas when we got him... just Arenas in his prime. A volume scorer with low IQ who put himself before the team.

I'm pretty sure Mitchell is mentally better than Arenas (most people are), but in the sense that they aren't going to win you much on their own, it's sort of fair.

7 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Mitchell if we're trading this summer. An extra year of team control is the big thing.

I think Brown is probably a better fit though. To be honest (without considering if we can easily make space for this) I wouldn't mind the plan of stick with what we've got for the next 2 seasons, hopefully improve to be a playoff team in 23-24, and make a pitch for Brown as a free agent that summer. 

Yeah, I think Brown is like the perfect 2 for us as currently constructed in a couple years 

9 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

This is the worst time of year for sports to me… so hypothetical time

I understand what you’re saying because we basketball fans don’t have much to focus on during the long offseason, especially when football season also hasn’t started yet.  Having said that, I recall that people were really eager to see us get back to basketball around this time last summer also and were looking forward to watching the Magic. It only took a few months after the season started, though, to realize the team was almost unwatchable.  At that point we couldn’t wait for the season to be over.  

Take home message:  be careful what you wish for.  I’m in no hurry to see this season start.  

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I understand what you’re saying because we basketball fans don’t have much to focus on during the long offseason, especially when football season also hasn’t started yet.  Having said that, I recall that people were really eager to see us get back to basketball around this time last summer also and were looking forward to watching the Magic. It only took a few months after the season started, though, to realize the team was almost unwatchable.  At that point we couldn’t wait for the season to be over.  

Take home message:  be careful what you wish for.  I’m in no hurry to see this season start.  

Man, you really took the bummer route with that post lol…

I enjoy the NBA even when we’re not good, and I think we’ll be fun to watch this year. Also a huge CFB and NFL fan, and MLB and Golf being the only things on really just don’t do it for me. So, I stand by what I said about it being the worst sports time of the year for me as a fan. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Man, you really took the bummer route with that post lol…

I enjoy the NBA even when we’re not good, and I think we’ll be fun to watch this year. Also a huge CFB and NFL fan, and MLB and Golf being the only things on really just don’t do it for me. So, I stand by what I said about it being the worst sports time of the year for me as a fan. 

I totally agree with this being the doldrums with no basketball or football, and I don’t like watching golf or baseball either.  Now if only it was curling season…..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

This is the worst time of year for sports to me… so hypothetical time!

in a world where the cost is the exact same, would you rather have Donovan Mitchell or Jaylen Brown?

And for this exercise we’ll say the cost is Isaac, Cole, Suggs, and 3 firsts.

Way too much

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Do you like basketball? Lol

11 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Do you like basketball? Lol

I didn’t enjoy watching the Magic play basketball last season.  Did you?

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

I didn’t enjoy watching the Magic play basketball last season.  Did you?

I did! I love the game of basketball and watching our young guys develop is awesome. That being said, it WAS easier to find reasons to miss games. I expect this year to be quite a bit more exciting as our front court is going to be a nightmare to guard. Hopefully a couple of our guards have improved their games too!

• Upvote 1