All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

1 minute ago, Natesroom said:

I seriously doubt this guy is going to average a double double He barely got over 7 rebounds a game in college. Wendell averaged just under 10.

However i do think its possible Paolo could do 20/7/5 - which is basically what Lebron has averaged his entire career.

I don't expect him to average a triple double. He just needs to get 9 triple doubles in the next 7-10 years. 

Interesting. That's 16 roster spots and 2 2 way guys. Cannady looking like he might not be here next season.

EDIT: unless of course we can move T Ross or we end up buying him out.

On 7/24/2022 at 7:52 AM, TreyMachine said:

I just don’t think you can give up on Markelle, Cole, and Suggs so early, plus any future draft picks, to get a guy who can score but can’t defend or pass particularly well. 

We glorify scorers in this league but winning in the deep playoffs needs more than that. 

I’ll take my chances on Suggs, Markelle, or Cole popping off, and the value of our next 5 1st round picks, over Donovan Mitchell. 

I do t really think it is giving up on them outside of whichever you are including in the deal. They have different skill sets than Mitchell does. 

you say deep playoff runs need more than scoring, but neither the Celtics nor warriors get to the finals without singularly great performances by their best individual scorers. Coke is maybe the guy who has shown that kind of individual ability of the three, but nothing like what  Mitchell was doing in year 2. Could he make the jump? It is possible. But if you are betting on any of these guys or future draft picks to have the ability of Mitchell, I think just getting Mitchell would be the safer bet.

While our two lost important pieces in Franz and Paolo aren’t in the ready to compete phase yet, Carter Fultz and Isaac are being paid as if they are. Adding Mitchell would definitely put us in the playoffs in the east and wouldn’t it be better for the young guys to experience that sooner rather than later? It is probably a moot discussion since I don’t think the FO will do it, but if they think they have the core of a contending team in place, even if it isn’t ready for the big time yet, I don’t see why they shouldn’t push the chips in to get that last piece

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

I do t really think it is giving up on them outside of whichever you are including in the deal. They have different skill sets than Mitchell does. 

you say deep playoff runs need more than scoring, but neither the Celtics nor warriors get to the finals without singularly great performances by their best individual scorers. Coke is maybe the guy who has shown that kind of individual ability of the three, but nothing like what  Mitchell was doing in year 2. Could he make the jump? It is possible. But if you are betting on any of these guys or future draft picks to have the ability of Mitchell, I think just getting Mitchell would be the safer bet.

While our two lost important pieces in Franz and Paolo aren’t in the ready to compete phase yet, Carter Fultz and Isaac are being paid as if they are. Adding Mitchell would definitely put us in the playoffs in the east and wouldn’t it be better for the young guys to experience that sooner rather than later? It is probably a moot discussion since I don’t think the FO will do it, but if they think they have the core of a contending team in place, even if it isn’t ready for the big time yet, I don’t see why they shouldn’t push the chips in to get that last piece

Mitchell is Gilbert Arenas. You don't mess up your rebuild for those type of players, especially the price you'll have pay. Guys like that need to be pair with a bonafide #1 in order for your team to be successful, which is why Miami is the perfect fit for him. If he wound up here, he would stunt the growth of both Paolo and Franz and we can't afford that.

Luka and Tatum are the only two players that I'd blow the rebuilding project up for. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Interesting. That's 16 roster spots and 2 2 way guys. Cannady looking like he might not be here next season.

EDIT: unless of course we can move T Ross or we end up buying him out.

I used to think this was weird till i saw tons of teams carrying 17,18, 20 guys up till training camp. Still plenty of time in the offseason. Players get injured, some get traded 3 months after free agency, some get dropped. It's mostly the Magic that seemed to bring back the same guys for years. That's why we were so upset for so long. They never tried brining in fresh young faces for 5 years. It was mostly washed up vets and G-leaguers who obviously had no chance to earn playing time. So no worry with the roster spots, something will give.

Come on man. Mitchell >>>>>>>>>Arenas. DM is 25 wasn’t Gilbert like on his last legs when we got him. And I’m sick and tired of waiting for young players to wake up and realize they are Jordan. Not gonna happen, cut bait pick and keep the best u got. Add an all star to the pieces you have and you are a contender. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Kevon Harris actually looks really talented. I actually think of the below group of players (the group competing for bench wing minutes) he could end up carving out the most minutes:

K. Harris

Schofield

Houstan

Hampton

Cannady 

23 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I don't expect him to average a triple double. He just needs to get 9 triple doubles in the next 7-10 years. 

I said double double. Point was i dont think he's gonna hit double doubles all that much, good luck hitting triple doubles. However i never would have thought elfrid would have.

This is the worst time of year for sports to me… so hypothetical time!

in a world where the cost is the exact same, would you rather have Donovan Mitchell or Jaylen Brown?

And for this exercise we’ll say the cost is Isaac, Cole, Suggs, and 3 firsts.

5 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

This is the worst time of year for sports to me… so hypothetical time!

in a world where the cost is the exact same, would you rather have Donovan Mitchell or Jaylen Brown?

And for this exercise we’ll say the cost is Isaac, Cole, Suggs, and 3 firsts.

Mitchell if we're trading this summer. An extra year of team control is the big thing.

I think Brown is probably a better fit though. To be honest (without considering if we can easily make space for this) I wouldn't mind the plan of stick with what we've got for the next 2 seasons, hopefully improve to be a playoff team in 23-24, and make a pitch for Brown as a free agent that summer. 

EDIT: this is weird if true. Jeffries barely got any burn in Summer League for Denver. I wonder if we rated him higher than Denver did.