All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

Cole is going to make a big jump 

If he just starts sharing the ball, embracing some off the ball basketball and playing with higher IQ he can be a very very good player. All-star even

On 7/17/2022 at 9:48 AM, fan for too long 2 said:

That last sentence has me questioning hammonds sanity. Seriously 

Lmao! That's a little harsh.  I took it more as percentage wise Bamba is our best 3 point shooter.  Since Bamba is a pure catch and shoot guy and won't be asked to create his own shot, the ball in Bamba's hand to hit the game winner should be an open 3. 

I've said it before and i'll say it again, I don't understand the level of hate for Bamba on this site.  Big's take longer to develop and he was slowed by injury/covid.  He's already got elite traits (Interior defense and 3 point shooting).  You just don't let that kind of talent walk out the door without compensation.  I know we have Carter but if you were looking for an ideal pairing next to Banchero, Bamba would be that guy.  He can space the floor and is an elite help defender/ shot blocker in the paint. Let's give it time.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

Cole is going to make a big jump 

I really hope he’s been working on his off-ball game. I think his ceiling is a more athletic Fred VanVleet and would love to see him play a ton next to Markelle 

46 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I really hope he’s been working on his off-ball game. I think his ceiling is a more athletic Fred VanVleet and would love to see him play a ton next to Markelle 

Fred VanVleet was my comp for Cole way back before his rookie year. Cole is yet to show the same level of jump shot consistency or defense yet though. Worth noting though that FVV came into the league older than Cole is now and still took 4 years to reach his potential. 

Cole is obviously a better player at the same age it's just whether he can embrace being the player he needs to be to succeed in the league and admit to himself that he can't be the guy with the ball in his hands all the time.

If I'm being honest the jumper is the main thing. If Cole suddenly gets up to 37+% from 3 on the same or more attempts you can easily talk yourself into giving him more time to figure out the defensive side of the ball.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Fred VanVleet was my comp for Cole way back before his rookie year. Cole is yet to show the same level of jump shot consistency or defense yet though. Worth noting though that FVV came into the league older than Cole is now and still took 4 years to reach his potential. 

Cole is obviously a better player at the same age it's just whether he can embrace being the player he needs to be to succeed in the league and admit to himself that he can't be the guy with the ball in his hands all the time.

If I'm being honest the jumper is the main thing. If Cole suddenly gets up to 37+% from 3 on the same or more attempts you can easily talk yourself into giving him more time to figure out the defensive side of the ball.

I’ve thought for most of last year that Cole’s poor %’s were a reflection of the quality of shots he took, partially because of the way he plays, but also because there wasn’t really *the* guy to get everyone better shots. His shot is nice, and there’s no reason his %’s shouldn’t go up, assuming someone else (Fultz, Paolo, whoever) is initiating more of the offense

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

If he just starts sharing the ball, embracing some off the ball basketball and playing with higher IQ he can be a very very good player. All-star even

Thats the angle i am coming from...

5 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

According to his summer workouts he is doing exactly that 

Paolo is playing in the CrawsOver Pro-Am soon so expect to see highlight reels of that soon if you're starved for Paolo hype content.

32 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Paolo is playing in the CrawsOver Pro-Am soon so expect to see highlight reels of that soon if you're starved for Paolo hype content.

That must mean his ankle is fine

3 hours ago, hootie249 said:

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nba/news/malachi-flynn-raptors-73-jamal-crawford-pro-am/zfmklso8yoadi8ultnk8us4e

I didn't know anything about this Pro-Am so googled, this is one of the first stories to pop up. This guy is scary, 73 points!

Ehhh.... defense in a pro-am is going to be a little bit different than against the NBA pros lol

Jimmer Fredette also threw up scary numbers at one time.