All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

I think DM ends up in NY in some mega-package around Barrett. He grew up in Greenwich, CT (NYC bedroom community) and could easily play with Brunson.

I'm not sure starting 2 guys barely 6 feet tall is what Thibs has in mind on the defensive end

7 hours ago, MagicFanDan said:

If we want DM my realistic offer would be:
Suggs, Ross, Chuma, Bamba (after 30 days from signing) 2023 first, 2023 Chicago first, 2025 first, 2025 Den. 

Hard pass. DM is WAY overrated here.  I'm still hopeful Suggs develops. I'm not ready to start dealing firsts round picks until we are ready to compete.  Although our roster is starting to get loaded.  Ross, Chuma, and Hampton might need to be moved soon.  

2 hours ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

I'm not sure starting 2 guys barely 6 feet tall is what Thibs has in mind on the defensive end

That’s a fair point, though I don’t see NY passing on the opportunity to land a legit AS. They could figure out additional roster moves later.

2 hours ago, VoiceofReason said:

Ross, Chuma, and Hampton might need to be moved soon.  

I really thought the writing was on the wall for Ross when we kept Gary Harris and signed RoLo.. he must just be a great locker room guy.

Here’s the thing: I want to believe in our guards; I really do. Unfortunately, I really don’t. Will one of these guys become an all star? Let’s hope so, as so much rides on that outcome.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Here’s the thing: I want to believe in our guards; I really do. Unfortunately, I really don’t. Will one of these guys become an all star? Let’s hope so, as so much rides on that outcome.

I still believe Cole and Suggs will develop into good NBA players and I think Fultz already is despite the shot.

But I actually believe a lot less relies on Cole, Suggs or Fultz now that we have both Paolo and Franz. If those guys develop as we hope  (i.e. into All Star forwards who can both facilitate and score), we won't need a PG who handles the ball on every possession.