All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Can't find details on the contract but I think this presumes Cannady is getting waived. Unless we can make a trade and take back no salary before the season starts we've got 16 guys under contract and Cannady is the only one who's not guaranteed. 

Could he be a two way player like Schofield? He just comes off as a really intelligent, hard-working, great locker room guy and I'd love to see him at the end of our bench. 

I could also equally see us trading Terrence Ross to a contender for two second round picks and that opening up a spot (though I would argue at this point we need SOME veterans on our team lol)

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

Could he be a two way player like Schofield? He just comes off as a really intelligent, hard-working, great locker room guy and I'd love to see him at the end of our bench. 

I could also equally see us trading Terrence Ross to a contender for two second round picks and that opening up a spot (though I would argue at this point we need SOME veterans on our team lol)

Yea he's eligible to be a 2 way player. Anyone with 4 or less years of NBA experience can be a 2 way player. I imagine that'd be the move if no other roster spots open up. 

• Like 1

Engeland out from SA. Someone knows if he's just retiring, or has already an offer somewhere else?

Would possibly teach one thing or two about shooting to our young core...

So now that summer league, or at least summer league interest, is effectively over… When does training camp begin and when is our first preseason game? I dread to ask because I want more P5 now.

7 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Excellent watch Franz is the man

Franz is honestly such a mature guy. Im glad that he's got a humble mind set, I think it'd be hard for a lot of guys to have the rookie year he just had and then see Paolo come in and be immediately labeled The Guy but I have complete confidence that that won't affect Franz at all. 

Moe can stay for as long as we have Franz too (hopefully the next 15 years), he's a great guy and he's an underrated player in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

If he can just tighten up his game a little (moe) - i think he will be the jeff turner/Pat Garrity style backup type player that you keep for like 7 or 8 years.