All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

On 7/3/2022 at 9:35 PM, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

I started out on the "anybody but Chet" bandwagon. After all the videos I've seen of Paolo, I have no doubt that we picked the right guy. He's gonna be a beast!

One thing i will say about Paolo... he looks like hes got sure hands when he gets the ball. Bamba always looks like he's got bobble hands. Entry pases, dump offs, its like he is surprised and bobbles the ball.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 5:42 PM, Jason Funderburker said:

I wonder if there would be a way to insert ourselves into a suns and nets trade and come out with bridges or cam johnson

I would love Bridges but I'm not sure what we would need to give up. Gotta make way at the guard spot somehow unless Hampton is willing to be 3rd string. 

Fultz / Suggs / Anthony / Hampton / Harris / Cannady / Ross

Gonna have to make some room here. 

Who would you prefer (assuming we won't make some out of no-where trade for Mitchell) be your starting PG / SG? Who is the bench PG / SG?

I think we'll start Fultz/Suggs.

I think Fultz/Harris and Cole/Suggs are the more balanced pairings but Suggs development will probably take priority at this stage of the rebuild. At present Ross will be a bench wing but presuming he's traded RJ will probably take that spot.

Cannady, if he's retained, will just be an end of bench guy probably who gets spot minutes at guard when there are injuries or in garbage time.

• Upvote 1

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34196468/sources-tj-warren-brooklyn-nets-agree-one-year-deal

TJ Warren goes to Brooklyn on a one-year deal - probably for the MLE - why did we not try to sign him? Oh wait, because we already have 15 guys with contracts (G Harris, Bamba, and Bol agreements in principle, Banchero in process, Cannady not guaranteed) plus Houstan's rights, plus Schofield tentatively signed to a 2-Way. Unless we move someone (TRoss?), or waive someone (Cannady?), we are already full.

Fultz/Anthony/Cannady

Harris/Suggs/Hampton/Schofield (2-Way)

F Wagner/Ross/Okeke/Houstan (2-Way)

Banchero/Isaac/Bol

Carter, Jr/Bamba/M Wagner

Personally, I am not fond of re-signing both Bamba and Bol. It strikes me as going overboard on bigs. I do get it to a certain extent - you haven't seen a healthy Bol at all with the team, and it's a cheap look to see if you have something. With Bamba, it can be argued that Covid and other injuries have seriously stunted his game his first few years, and that last year he was just finally getting healthy and scratching the surface; so you have to see what else he has. If last season had been Bamba's rookie year, it would have been pretty promising; many of us, myself included, are down on Bamba because it was his fourth season with so little to show for it. The reported two-year deals for each aren't horrible, especially if there is a team option, or health clauses. I'm pleased with the Gary Harris deal, as I think it will be a great deal for us. I think he is exactly the type of vet we need with this team, and he already has a rapport with the squad. I also think after a couple of down years due to injury, we were just beginning to see how good he is near the end of the season. I would not be surprised to see him starting at the SG when the season starts, especially if Suggs is still slowed by recovery. I think if we finally have some players stay healthy, we could be a very deep team that surprises a lot of people this year. I'm hoping that TRoss has a good start to the season, as it could make him a valuable trade asset, or a good bench cog, if he doesn't have to do as much as in prior years. I have some hope. I can also see it becoming a train wreck if we lose Fultz again and/or if Cole continues to play out-of-control/hero ball. Our two mantras this year have to be healthy, and development. 

3 hours ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Fultz / Suggs / Anthony / Hampton / Harris / Cannady / Ross

Gonna have to make some room here. 

Who would you prefer (assuming we won't make some out of no-where trade for Mitchell) be your starting PG / SG? Who is the bench PG / SG?

I’d prefer Cole starting just because I think he fits better with Banchero and Wagner

14 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I’d prefer Cole starting just because I think he fits better with Banchero and Wagner

Cole over Kelle or Cole over Suggs? Cause Kelle’s the straw that stirs the drink for the entire offense.