All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

Heat are going to age out right as we get better. Now nothing is impossible. You should root for them to do well, regular season. As long as they are ok, they won't trade those old dudes. And when it all breaks down it will be too late to trade those old dudes. And the young guns will be hamstrung by those contracts. Heck we should root for them to trade for KD. It probably won't happen but so what. Embrace this ****, they are super old. Trade for Kevin have a two year window at best and then they are done.

Say what you want about who the Magic picked …but there is no denying the kid has an NBA body right now and ready to assert himself from day 1 …witness this video and coach comments 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

Say what you want about who the Magic picked …but there is no denying the kid has an NBA body right now and ready to assert himself from day 1 …witness this video and coach comments 

I started out on the "anybody but Chet" bandwagon. After all the videos I've seen of Paolo, I have no doubt that we picked the right guy. He's gonna be a beast!

OKC cutting Isaiah Roby is the problem with them having a billion picks in the next few years. They have 20 roster spots full already after drafting 4 guys this year so nobody is going to trade them anything for their guys because they know 5 of them are getting cut. Roby isn't like a great player but he's flashed enough whereby I think he'll get picked up relatively quickly after being waived and if they had 14 guys on roster instead of 20 they might have been able to get a second rounder or something for him (and I know what's a second rounder to a team with a million picks but it's essentially wasting assets). Dudes 6'8 and shot 44% from 3 last year. Someone like Denver or the Lakers should be all over that as an end of the bench guy. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

OKC cutting Isaiah Roby is the problem with them having a billion picks in the next few years. They have 20 roster spots full already after drafting 4 guys this year so nobody is going to trade them anything for their guys because they know 5 of them are getting cut. Roby isn't like a great player but he's flashed enough whereby I think he'll get picked up relatively quickly after being waived and if they had 14 guys on roster instead of 20 they might have been able to get a second rounder or something for him (and I know what's a second rounder to a team with a million picks but it's essentially wasting assets). Dudes 6'8 and shot 44% from 3 last year. Someone like Denver or the Lakers should be all over that as an end of the bench guy. 

anyone shooting 44% from 3 should be on our radar too

18 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Heat are going to age out right as we get better. Now nothing is impossible. You should root for them to do well, regular season. As long as they are ok, they won't trade those old dudes. And when it all breaks down it will be too late to trade those old dudes. And the young guns will be hamstrung by those contracts. Heck we should root for them to trade for KD. It probably won't happen but so what. Embrace this ****, they are super old. Trade for Kevin have a two year window at best and then they are done.

This how I root for them 0 - 82 record and 4 beat down beatings by us !!!!!

• Upvote 1

Good answer. Funny thing about the Heat, i'm kind of old, been rooting for the Magic and lived in Orlando since Shaq and Penny days. There was a time i followed both teams.

Never owned any Heat gear or jerseys like i do my Magic but i followed them for years. I remember the Alonzo Mourning teams and the years when Dwade was drafted. When they won it with Shaq i cheered and was proud a Florida team won. However, after the decision i never rooted for them until the bubble. That team was pretty cool and i was rooting against the lakers. Now i'm kind of in between. I dislike the Heat because they are our rival but i like some of the players and then they went and got Lowry. Now i hate them again!

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

Good answer. Funny thing about the Heat, i'm kind of old, been rooting for the Magic and lived in Orlando since Shaq and Penny days. There was a time i followed both teams.

Never owned any Heat gear or jerseys like i do my Magic but i followed them for years. I remember the Alonzo Mourning teams and the years when Dwade was drafted. When they won it with Shaq i cheered and was proud a Florida team won. However, after the decision i never rooted for them until the bubble. That team was pretty cool and i was rooting against the lakers. Now i'm kind of in between. I dislike the Heat because they are our rival but i like some of the players and then they went and got Lowry. Now i hate them again!

I more hate LeBron and less the Heat. Don’t like Kyle Lowry much either, but can’t really hate on Jimmy Butler. That man can CARRY a team and does it with no-nonsense, hard-nosed basketball - something we haven’t seen at that level since Kobe. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

You essentially become a development factory for other teams.  It’s a risk for us also.  

Yup, but right now i think it's best the Magic follow this course. The CBA is going to renegotiated either next summer or the summer after. Next Summer is mutual, meaning the owners and players would have to mutually opt out. The following summer it's over. I hate to be that guy but more then likely we are heading into another work stoppage. Better to be the Magic with young players locked in, possible future stars, then old guys. 

Then we can take advantage of any changes. Trust me, OKC,Houston,Detroit and a few other teams are starting to do this too. Heck i think Utah is the current poster child. They knew they could not compete and are gonna get rid of all the old players.

I hope Devin Cannady makes the roster I really do. We could use a 3rd point guard, he can shoot the ball and he just seems like a good dude. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

But we're in a similar situation than OKC, we renewed everyone and now roster spots are full. How long since we didn't traded some guy of our group? What about giving out some depth for quality?