All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

It feel like this off-season is over. A little anti-climatic. I’m happy with the “slow and steady” approach but would love to get us to the point where a Donovan Mitchell would want to be here. 

And now the real experiment can begin.   

Are we the only team in the league with 6 players of 6'10 or better?  What would your 6"10" (give or take an inch) lineup look like?

Here is mine:

PG  Franz Wagner 

SG Jonathon Isaac

SF  Mo Bamba/Bol Bol

PF Paola Banchero

C Wendell Carter Jr./Bol Bol  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

It feel like this off-season is over. A little anti-climatic. I’m happy with the “slow and steady” approach but would love to get us to the point where a Donovan Mitchell would want to be here. 

I agree that we’re probably done, but it’s crazy quiet right now. This KD and Kyrie **** completely froze the market

I think the Kyrie situation is an easy fix, if slightly painful. After hearing this crazy Westbrook stuff i would not do that. Get on the phone with Cuban and Kidd. Take back homegrown talent Dinwiddie. Nets can sell Dinwiddie coming back to the Nets. It's a feel good story.

Now the painful part. Take back Bertans contract, Dinwiddie and Bertans combined happens to be almost exactly Irving's contract. Only ask for one pick. I have a reason for this. The big thing stopping most teams trading for Kyrie is he is mental and only under contract for one year. I feel like the risk reward for both teams is worth it.

On the Nets side get the homegrown guy back, he literally slides into the same role Kyrie is filling. Bertans is just filler but he can hit the 3. Sit down Durant and make it work, ask him to stay one more season. Why not? Team can try the Ben Simmons surrounded by four 3 point shooters meme that people have talked about for years.

From Dallas perspective that's easy. If Kidd and Cuban can get him to buy in they are pretty much giving up nothing.

I honestly think this is the most obvious solution i have ever seen. Also both contracts going to the Nets have a non guaranteed last year.

1 hour ago, Originalticketholder said:

And now the real experiment can begin.   

Are we the only team in the league with 6 players of 6'10 or better?  What would your 6"10" (give or take an inch) lineup look like?

Here is mine:

PG  Franz Wagner 

SG Jonathon Isaac

SF  Mo Bamba/Bol Bol

PF Paola Banchero

C Wendell Carter Jr./Bol Bol  

That but replace Bamba with Moritz

38 minutes ago, VoiceofReason said:

And put Bamba backing up Carter @ center.

Agreed. At this point I don’t see Bamba being anything more than a decent backup Center

It's pretty crazy that Barnes is being considered the center piece of a possible Durant trade. Talk about a rise in popularity!

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

I like it …stuff I can see with my eyes …looks good 

Like it too.....Paolo seems to besides his game a great personality for a 1st overall pick. Rooting for him big time !!!

5 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I agree that we’re probably done, but it’s crazy quiet right now. This KD and Kyrie **** completely froze the market

All eyes on our nemesis team....the Heat.  Don't want them to get anybody....but we know they are after Mitchel and / or  Durant.

15 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

All eyes on our nemesis team....the Heat.  Don't want them to get anybody....but we know they are after Mitchel and / or  Durant.

Yeah, I get nervous about the rumors, but they’ve done nothing right in this current build up to be long term contenders. Like, who’s taking that Duncan Robinson contract when he was unplayable in the playoffs? Or Flop Lowry? Like, they could get KD for a package around Bam and Herro and I’d argue that’s actually great for us in the long term.