All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

21 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I think Utah would be stupid to trade Mitchell right now. He's got 3 more years under contract + a player option for them to rebuild around him using the plethora of assets they just got for O Neal and Gobert. 

They're definitely the most interesting team in the league at the moment though. Their roster is kind of just a random collection of stuff and they definitely need to make more moves this summer whether they keep Mitchell or not.

I think it’s telling that they signed a very young and inexperienced coach while also trading Gobert and O’Neale. To me, they’ve now got a long way to go to be competitive. Had they kept Snyder, I could have seen Durant possibly ending up there. Now? I don’t see it.

It’ll be interesting to see who’s offered for DM. I imagine teams like NY and DET will throw the world at them, so I’m not sure we’d get anywhere with the trades I offered.

Just now, Soul Bro said:

I think it’s telling that they signed a very young and inexperienced coach while also trading Gobert and O’Neale. To me, they’ve now got a long way to go to be competitive. 

It’ll also be interesting to see who’s offered for DM. I’d imagine teams like NY and DET would throw the world at them, so I’m not sure we’d get anywhere with the trades I offered.

One of the big rumors that makes me nervous is the Heat forming a new big 3 of Jimmy, KD and Mitchell.

46 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I agree on everything said. I think Wendell has a higher ceiling than a lot of the fanbase is giving him credit for. Horford comp is interesting, but he seems more athletic than Al ever was.

Yea, more athletic, a bit more mobile on the perimeter but a worse rim protector.

3 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Yeah this rebuild is better. Seems we have some good young players. Lets just let it simmer and see what happens. 

Let’s not decide it’s better until we actually see if it’s better.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

A couple of bad trades hurt the team too....Fournier instead of Oladipo should have been the trade and AG instead of Tobias is another one. Of course, they were seeing other things.

This is hindsight though.  At the time most thought that Fournier was the correct one to keep.  

As I said before, this is one of the risks of tanking.  Unless you get that obvious transcendent star, which doesn’t happen very often, you wind up with a plethora of potentially interesting young players and fairly quickly you get to the point where you can’t keep them all.  Then you have to make guesses as to which ones to keep, and it’s easy to guess wrong.  

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

This is hindsight though.  At the time most thought that Fournier was the correct one to keep.  

Those same dolts probably wanted Chet.  VIC had way more upside... but we were building around a traditional C when other teams were moving to small ball and Fournier was Vuc's buddy.

24 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Those same dolts probably wanted Chet.  VIC had way more upside... but we were building around a traditional C when other teams were moving to small ball and Fournier was Vuc's buddy.

Oladipo was pretty erratic back then.  Much easier to see these things in hindsight.  

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

As I said before, this is one of the risks of tanking.  Unless you get that obvious transcendent star, which doesn’t happen very often, you wind up with a plethora of potentially interesting young players and fairly quickly you get to the point where you can’t keep them all.  Then you have to make guesses as to which ones to keep, and it’s easy to guess wrong.  

You're right....not an easy game to play.

I thought Oladipo was good and didn't worry about his shot much. You can look up the posts. I thought he needed to have a high number of free throws to unlock his potential.

The truth was something in the middle. For a two year span he shot better and was more efficient and he did get to the line a bunch for one year. In fact the injuries are the key to understanding his value. He has been a shell of his two time all-star self once he lost his health. It was all based on something he could not keep up. He should have been Wade lite and congrats to him he almost realized this but still the guy maximized his talent. Bad luck injury wise. I can't root for the Heat so congrats on the 11 million.