All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

5 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I don't personally think this rebuild is anything like the Hennigan one. Mostly because I think Franz Wagner is comfortably the best prospect we've drafted since Dwight Howard. He put up comparable/better numbers as a rookie than Evan Fournier was putting up in his like 7th year in the league when we won the 42 games. 

And it remains to be seen obviously but I'm hoping and I think the franchise is hoping/believes that Paolo Banchero is going to be even better than that. 

What the Hennigan/Vaughn rebuild suffered from to me is instead of the young players playing together they all pulled in different directions to try and prove they were the guy worth building around and in the end none of them were really good enough to build around to make a real contender (for us, Oladipo eventually got their on his 3rd team and in his 5th season before all his injuries and even then those Indiana teams weren't really contenders). If Paolo is as good as we believe he can be and Franz continues his development they are absolutely building blocks for playoff calibre teams. And I'd argue WCJ is the type of C that stays on the floor in the playoffs too (smart, good positionally, can move his feet, can pass, not a total non shooter) even if you think he's more of a complimentary piece (he might be more than that, he's really good). 

A couple of bad trades hurt the team too....Fournier instead of Oladipo should have been the trade and AG instead of Tobias is another one. Of course, they were seeing other things.

24 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I don't personally think this rebuild is anything like the Hennigan one. Mostly because I think Franz Wagner is comfortably the best prospect we've drafted since Dwight Howard. He put up comparable/better numbers as a rookie than Evan Fournier was putting up in his like 7th year in the league when we won the 42 games. 

And it remains to be seen obviously but I'm hoping and I think the franchise is hoping/believes that Paolo Banchero is going to be even better than that. 

What the Hennigan/Vaughn rebuild suffered from to me is instead of the young players playing together they all pulled in different directions to try and prove they were the guy worth building around and in the end none of them were really good enough to build around to make a real contender (for us, Oladipo eventually got their on his 3rd team and in his 5th season before all his injuries and even then those Indiana teams weren't really contenders). If Paolo is as good as we believe he can be and Franz continues his development they are absolutely building blocks for playoff calibre teams. And I'd argue WCJ is the type of C that stays on the floor in the playoffs too (smart, good positionally, can move his feet, can pass, not a total non shooter) even if you think he's more of a complimentary piece (he might be more than that, he's really good). 

Agree. I especially see WCJ having a Horford type of career and impact. Outside of Paulo and Franz, I think he's our third best asset.

• Upvote 1

Orlando: Anthony, Ross, Isaac + 2023 1st (Chicago), 2024 1st (Orlando - Unprotected), 2025 1st (Denver)

Utah: Mitchell

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=24tn8d98

It would probably take including Suggs or another unprotected 1st, but this is what I'd start with in discussions.

Edit - Including the picks above, here's another idea http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=24x996u4

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Orlando: Anthony, Ross, Isaac + 2023 1st (Chicago), 2024 1st (Orlando - Unprotected), 2025 1st (Denver)

Utah: Mitchell

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=24tn8d98

It would probably take including Suggs or another unprotected 1st, but this is what I'd start with in discussions.

Edit - Including the picks above, here's another idea http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=24x996u4

I love this trade. I’d think they would want Suggs as well. It’s a lot to give up but look what Gobert went for yesterday. 

34 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Agree. I especially see WCJ having a Horford type of career and impact. Outside of Paulo and Franz, I think he's our third best asset.

I'd agree. Especially on that contract.

I think Utah would be stupid to trade Mitchell right now. He's got 3 more years under contract + a player option for them to rebuild around him using the plethora of assets they just got for O Neal and Gobert. 

They're definitely the most interesting team in the league at the moment though. Their roster is kind of just a random collection of stuff and they definitely need to make more moves this summer whether they keep Mitchell or not.

I agree on everything said. I think Wendell has a higher ceiling than a lot of the fanbase is giving him credit for. Horford comp is interesting, but he seems more athletic than Al ever was.

7 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I think Utah would be stupid to trade Mitchell right now. He's got 3 more years under contract + a player option for them to rebuild around him using the plethora of assets they just got for O Neal and Gobert. 

They're definitely the most interesting team in the league at the moment though. Their roster is kind of just a random collection of stuff and they definitely need to make more moves this summer whether they keep Mitchell or not.

I just don’t see how they are going to build around Mitchell. Who are they going to sign? Who are they going to trade for? Just seems like they need to tear it down and do it all over again.

5 minutes ago, Jon said:

I just don’t see how they are going to build around Mitchell. Who are they going to sign? Who are they going to trade for? Just seems like they need to tear it down and do it all over again.

Rumor is they’re gonna make a play for Ayton. I imagine if they strike out on that, they’ll fully commit to a rebuild.