All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

7 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

I think the Mitchell trade speculation was because of strife between him and Gobert, so I would bet that with one gone the other will stay

Apparently the plan is to keep Mitchell in Utah, but he is a moody player and he will get sick of the losing. The West is stacked so I think they’d be better off trading him and going full tank

51 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Apparently the plan is to keep Mitchell in Utah, but he is a moody player and he will get sick of the losing. The West is stacked so I think they’d be better off trading him and going full tank

I see us doing a midyear trade for Mitchell or end of next year when he’s tired of losing. I don’t think it’s this summer because he is still a great building block to have as a young alpha scorer. 

This will be good too because I think Isaac and Suggs playing next year will only increase their value for a potential trade, as I think both would be required in such a trade if we wanted to execute it. 

2 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I see us doing a midyear trade for Mitchell or end of next year when he’s tired of losing. I don’t think it’s this summer because he is still a great building block to have as a young alpha scorer. 

This will be good too because I think Isaac and Suggs playing next year will only increase their value for a potential trade, as I think both would be required in such a trade if we wanted to execute it. 

I’d go even further and trade for KD too. The guy has 4 years left on his contract and he will age gracefully.

We have a ton of players with similar talent levels, I wouldn’t even blink if we traded half of them

6 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I’d go even further and trade for KD too. The guy has 4 years left on his contract and he will age gracefully.

We have a ton of players with similar talent levels, I wouldn’t even blink if we traded half of them

Although a great player I wouldn't want Durant anywhere near our team.  He was never able to be the guy on a championship team and he's a Lebron level Narcissist and drama queen.  We've been patient with our rebuild let's not start trading off our high upside talent before we see what we have for a 2 year window to win it all.  Even more so when that established star has already requested trades from several teams. Haven't we experienced enough of this in our short history?  Let's continue to build organically until we are a player away from competing and shoot for a star on a similar timeline.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Franchise408 said:

Yea, but that's what happened the year we traded Vuc, Gordon, and Fournier also. When Fultz was healthy, we had the top record in the East. Once he got injured (and the rest of the dominoes fell), that's when everything fell apart. The team as constructed at that time was good enough, they just didn't stay healthy and we blew it up.

I do agree that this roster, if healthy, has a very high ceiling. So much potential with Fultz, Suggs, Cole, Isaac, Bamba, Okeke, Wagner, and now Banchero. With other solid pieces like WCJ, Ross, Hampton, and Wagner 2, I think this team can really develop into something special.

Exactly and we will

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I’m intrigued by this Towns + Gobert pairing.

If Utah is blowing it up then go after Mitchell for sure. Keep Wagner, Banchero and Isaac and trade everyone else, I don’t even care

The pairing should work. Towns can score heavily and has an accurate 3pt shot, while Gobert does his thing. Be interesting to see how it turns out for the Wolves having paid a heavy price for Gobert.

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

Its 3 unprotected but yeah your statement stands. Holy crap. So its unprotected 23,25,27 and a swap in 26. Plus a top 5 protected in 29. WOW!

We wouldn't have to do this for Mitchell. We could give two first rounders next year and two in 25. Thanks to the Bulls and Nuggets picks. So add a pick swap or two and unlike the Wolves all of the picks Would be in the years we were hoping to contend. All of them. We have to be the front runners for Mitchell. 

Mitchells extension starts this year. So we have at worst 4 years of Mitchell and 6 years of Wagner and 7 years of Paolo all good rookies take extensions.

Do it Weltman!

If we got Mitchell for that deal I’d be a happy Magic fan, but in all honesty I don’t see him wanting to come here and play ball. I suspect he’ll want to go to a big market team if he leaves the small market in Utah.

42 minutes ago, VoiceofReason said:

Although a great player I wouldn't want Durant anywhere near our team.  He was never able to be the guy on a championship team and he's a Lebron level Narcissist and drama queen.  We've been patient with our rebuild let's not start trading off our high upside talent before we see what we have for a 2 year window to win it all.  Even more so when that established star has already requested trades from several teams. Haven't we experienced enough of this in our short history?  Let's continue to build organically until we are a player away from competing and shoot for a star on a similar timeline.  

It’s a big risk because he could get here and just retire or demand another trade.

On the other hand, we could just tell him we wouldn’t trade him no matter what. He loves basketball so I wouldn’t see him retiring.

I just wonder if any of our kids would be better than a 38 year old Durant and I have my doubts about that. He’s a basketball savant and we need some veterans.

I think we have too many young guys competing for minutes. It was a problem in the Gordon era and it’ll probably be worse now

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

It’s a big risk because he could get here and just retire or demand another trade.

On the other hand, we could just tell him we wouldn’t trade him no matter what. He loves basketball so I wouldn’t see him retiring.

I just wonder if any of our kids would be better than a 38 year old Durant and I have my doubts about that. He’s a basketball savant and we need some veterans.

I think we have too many young guys competing for minutes. It was a problem in the Gordon era and it’ll probably be worse now

3 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

All valid points Mauro!  I'm just hoping we continue to take the original OKC route and build thru the draft without blowing it up. How many championships would Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka,  and Harden have if they had stayed in OKC?

Just now, VoiceofReason said:

All valid points Mauro!  I'm just hoping we continue to take the original OKC route and build thru the draft without blowing it up. How many championships would Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka,  and Harden have if they had stayed in OKC?

We do have some really nice pieces. I think that Franz and Paolo are keepers and very skilled tall guys.

The front office has done a good job getting depth. But can they turn that depth into an actual contender? I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

If we’re being honest, the Vuc era wasn’t a complete failure. Making the playoffs and winning games in two separate series was something I didn’t think that core was capable of. Winning in the NBA is really hard

11 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

MP Moseley is a boss. He has them all buying in.