All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

26 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, Mitchell is the kind of trade we should make. Young, experienced, we have enough strong defenders to compensate for his weaknesses. 

Absolutely. I don’t know if the team is ready to compete tomorrow if we got him, but I do think he would be the kind of guy that can catalyzE the team and push other players forward

30 minutes ago, ShefGator2 said:

Jonathan Isaac, T Ross, and two 1st round picks?

image.png.f140f9b248d676355e2d60f73a3564ba.png

With players like Dj getting traded for3 picks and a swap?  Here is the thing. Yes we should be in on trades like this but it has to be mostly picks. Now, here is the catch we have the picks. 

Mitchell is a bad defender but he could be hidden on our team. So yeah, give up the next 5 drafts. However it would be imperative we keep enough to contend. 

It will never happen anyway because we are like 2 years away from making a trade like this.

Quick edit. If Isaac had played last year, even like Fultz and just showed he was healthy and Suggs was even average i think this package plus Suggs and 4 picks would do it. 

But they didn't. So no chance.

3 hours ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

The jpg won't upload but this trade worked in the trade machine lol 

Magic Recieve: Seth Curry and Joe Harris

Nets Recieve: Russ Westbrook, Harrison Barnes, Jeremy Lamb, Jonathan Isaac, and Horton-Tucker (3 first-round picks, 3 second-round picks... including our 2024 1st)

Lakers Recieve: Kyrie Irving and Terrance Ross

Kings Recieve: Kevin Durant

Thoughts?

and to think we had Seth Curry and just let him go....

Ok I just read the Gobert trade. Yeah alright, i'm on board if that's all it took send 5 picks, Suggs,Isaac and either Garry or Ross to Utah. Picks are nothing, banners fly forever. 

Wow this league is crazy. Absolutely crazy. Nuts even. 

I’m intrigued by this Towns + Gobert pairing.

If Utah is blowing it up then go after Mitchell for sure. Keep Wagner, Banchero and Isaac and trade everyone else, I don’t even care

Its 3 unprotected but yeah your statement stands. Holy crap. So its unprotected 23,25,27 and a swap in 26. Plus a top 5 protected in 29. WOW!

We wouldn't have to do this for Mitchell. We could give two first rounders next year and two in 25. Thanks to the Bulls and Nuggets picks. So add a pick swap or two and unlike the Wolves all of the picks Would be in the years we were hoping to contend. All of them. We have to be the front runners for Mitchell. 

Mitchells extension starts this year. So we have at worst 4 years of Mitchell and 6 years of Wagner and 7 years of Paolo all good rookies take extensions.

Do it Weltman!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

I think the Mitchell trade speculation was because of strife between him and Gobert, so I would bet that with one gone the other will stay

Yeah but Ainge loves draft picks.

• Like 1