All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

12 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Win. 

Gary Harris is good and almost certainly got mid level offers from contenders. 

People who think running it back will lead to the same results as last year are somehow forgetting that injuries meant we played like half the season with a heavy rotation of G League guys. Markelle Fultz is back and healthy (JI maybe too, I'll wait and see on that one), added Paolo Banchero and will get (hopefully a lot but almost certainly at least marginal) internal improvements from the Cole, Suggs, RJ, Franz, Okeke group. 

Plus by my estimation we still a potential Ross trade which could pick up if teams have missed out on free agent targets.

Yea, but that's what happened the year we traded Vuc, Gordon, and Fournier also. When Fultz was healthy, we had the top record in the East. Once he got injured (and the rest of the dominoes fell), that's when everything fell apart. The team as constructed at that time was good enough, they just didn't stay healthy and we blew it up.

I do agree that this roster, if healthy, has a very high ceiling. So much potential with Fultz, Suggs, Cole, Isaac, Bamba, Okeke, Wagner, and now Banchero. With other solid pieces like WCJ, Ross, Hampton, and Wagner 2, I think this team can really develop into something special.

2 hours ago, hootie249 said:

If i can just see this lineup once next season for even two minutes i can die happy.

Wagner,Bol,Isaac,Wagner,Bamba. 

Defensive substitution after first free throw. Next one misses, Bamba rebounds pass to Franz on the fast break another pass to Bol Bol, slick bounce pass to Isaac near the basket but he passes back out to either a trailing Moe Wagner or Mo Bamba at the 3 point line. Swoosh!

Ok i'm officially ready for summer league. Let's go!

Agreed. Like many posters in here, I feel pretty lukewarm about our core. I hope they can at least give us some entertainment with those huge lineups. Time to stop evaluating and take some risks

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Absolutely nothing. We are building organically from within. Everyone needs to relax. We are going to wipe the floor with teams next season

Right?

This whole place has been "tank for draft picks" for YEARS, and now that we've done that, everyone is mad that we are filled with youth and potential.

Was hoping if we were planning to run back the same core we would at least use cap space to acquire picks. I think the team will be better just based on individual improvements, but hope they front office looks for some trades

The main thing that hasn’t changed is we still have the most competitive trade package to offer teams when superstars want out. Now, if we’ll actually do anything about it before we no longer have that flexibility when guys come off their rookie deals remains to be seen.

1 minute ago, Jay Magic said:

I wish nothing but J.i coming back and proving all the naysayers, haters and doubters wrong. 

Yes, yes and yes.....but drafting a big in Banchero, having JI, Wendell, Chuma plays some 4 and then re-signing the 2 Mo's and Bol, Bol appears that JI is for sale.

It's been an unfortunate basketball career for JI and for everyone of us.. He has played in 41% of the games during his 4 years with the Magic.

I think some of these supermax deals will turn out to be awful. Beal, Lavine and Towns come to mind. None of these guys have proven to be reliable playoff winners.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I think some of these supermax deals will turn out to be awful: Beal, Lavine and Towns come to mind.

The rumored Zion extension of 5/$231 is terrifying 

19 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Not upset with the Bamba news. Great contract. However i'm starting to think nobody wants to play for the Magic unless they are drafted here.

Seriously what's wrong with Orlando?

Lack of any playoff success in over a decade.  DJ Augustin's 3 ptr at Toronto in Game 1 of 2019 playoffs and our Game 1 thumping of the Bucks in 2020 are the only playoff highlights since Dwight left.  I think this group will start a playoff run for several years and then the free agents will want to come to O-Town, a la Horace Grant and Rashard Lewis, when we were relevant. 

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, Mitchell is the kind of trade we should make. Young, experienced, we have enough strong defenders to compensate for his weaknesses. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, Mitchell is the kind of trade we should make. Young, experienced, we have enough strong defenders to compensate for his weaknesses. 

Jonathan Isaac, T Ross, and two 1st round picks?

image.png.f140f9b248d676355e2d60f73a3564ba.png