All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

The jpg won't upload but this trade worked in the trade machine lol 

Magic Recieve: Seth Curry and Joe Harris

Nets Recieve: Russ Westbrook, Harrison Barnes, Jeremy Lamb, Jonathan Isaac, and Horton-Tucker (3 first-round picks, 3 second-round picks... including our 2024 1st)

Lakers Recieve: Kyrie Irving and Terrance Ross

Kings Recieve: Kevin Durant

Thoughts?

14 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

The jpg won't upload but this trade worked in the trade machine lol 

Magic Recieve: Seth Curry and Joe Harris

Nets Recieve: Russ Westbrook, Harrison Barnes, Jeremy Lamb, Jonathan Isaac, and Horton-Tucker (3 first-round picks, 3 second-round picks... including our 2024 1st)

Lakers Recieve: Kyrie Irving and Terrance Ross

Kings Recieve: Kevin Durant

Thoughts?

So our side is essentially Seth and Harris for Ross and Isaac? I don’t love it for us to be honest. Harris and Curry are older, and Isaac’s value is higher to us than it is to anyone else and will be until he proves he can play again.

• Like 1

If we’re done making moves, Ross is 31, Harris is 27, Cannady is 26, and everyone else on the roster is 25 or younger.

Desperately need Markelle to be healthy and a stabilizing force for this team with that much youth.

Jeez that’s a lot of bigs …and I’ll say it again …good luck keeping guys happy with minutes …but I digress …hope our guards play and shoot better than last year …point blank outside of Markelle was awful …Periodically I would read here and see you guys post about Cole …calling him an inefficient chucker …the shoe definitely fit

• Upvote 2

Just now, ball junkie said:

Jeez that’s a lot of bigs …and I’ll say it again …good luck keeping guys happy with minutes …but I digress …hope our guards play and shoot better than last year …point blank outside of Markelle was awful …Periodically I would read here and see you guys post about Cole …calling him an inefficient chucker …the shoe definitely fit

Honestly, this many bigs is really making me question A) Isaac’s health and B) our short and long-term commitment to him.

We’ve got Franz, Moe, Paolo, and Chuma all that will get minutes at the 4, Wendell and Mo that will get minutes at the 5, and Franz, Chuma, Terrence, RJ, maybe Gary, maybe Jalen, that can all get minutes at the 3. It’s either extreme CYA, or we know something that hasn’t been released yet.

9 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

So our side is essentially Seth and Harris for Ross and Isaac? I don’t love it for us to be honest. Harris and Curry are older, and Isaac’s value is higher to us than it is to anyone else and will be until he proves he can play again.

But isn't that the point? We have the youth. We need the vet presence. Isaac's value is higher to us, so lump him in to a blockbuster trade to get more out of his trade value that he might get if he was in a package with Ross and just one other team. 

14 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

But isn't that the point? We have the youth. We need the vet presence. Isaac's value is higher to us, so lump him in to a blockbuster trade to get more out of his trade value that he might get if he was in a package with Ross and just one other team. 

I’d be fine with it if we also got some picks and pick swaps out of the deal

2 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I wish nothing but J.i coming back and proving all the naysayers, haters and doubters wrong. 

It’d be better for the organization and the fanbase if he did. But freakin prove it. He’s been nothing but an off court distraction that’s missed 2 years for a 1 year injury lately. Nobody whose doubting, hating or naysaying Isaac is wrong right now. Freakin prove it.