All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

We go off the graph basically for games lost to injury last season. If we normalise to a more league average position with that, get incremental improvement from some young guys, more competent guard play with having 2 real NBA calibre PGs healthy (Fultz and Cole) for 60+ games and add Paolo I think that's enough for 8 more wins minimum.

I agree with this. I think chemistry is also huge. Our team has been fun to watch because Franz, Cole, and Suggs have brought some youthful energy and swag like we had in the early days of Dipo, AG, and Harris. I'm hoping that having the same team and adding Paolo will just boost morale and chemistry even more. 

Then healthy play combined with positive energy, chemistry, and youth will translate to the floor too. I believe our FO and Coaching staff are doing a great job. We will be a free agent destination soon. I'm still expecting some kind of package to loosen up the guards a little. 

Maybe Ross/JI/Hampton for another vet and pick?

Ultimately the 15th man won't play a lot (hopefully) so I'm not going to worry about WeltHam indulging their wingspan fetish with it lol

We brought back the unicorn! As in, the mythical amazing creature you can read all about, but nobody’s ever actually seen. No new faces outside of Paolo next year it looks like

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

We brought back the unicorn! As in, the mythical amazing creature you can read all about, but nobody’s ever actually seen. No new faces outside of Paolo next year it looks like

Maybe Houstan too depending on what we do with the last roster spot between Cannady, him and maybe Bol depending on how much of this deal is guaranteed.

Ultimately it doesn't matter. We can literally waive any deal, even a fully guaranteed one, give someone else the minimum and not even get anywhere near the tax. We can just decide the 15 guys we like best come after training camp and make moves as required. 

48 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Ehh... "untapped potential" is always a GM's favorite phrase haha but that also means players need to unlock that. We said the same thing about Hezonja. He was supposed to be Luka lol

No doubt!  I'd rather the end of the bench have someone who could develop rather than an old washed up journeyman on this rebuilding team.  He's had a few different injuries though so atleast it's not the same injury. Chuma had a pretty rough year, I think it'll be nice to have someone talented behind him to push him to earn his backup minutes. If Bol doesn't work out what have we actually missed out on? To me Bol = A knockoff Holmgren.  Yet Bol was drafted in the second round...

If i can just see this lineup once next season for even two minutes i can die happy.

Wagner,Bol,Isaac,Wagner,Bamba. 

Defensive substitution after first free throw. Next one misses, Bamba rebounds pass to Franz on the fast break another pass to Bol Bol, slick bounce pass to Isaac near the basket but he passes back out to either a trailing Moe Wagner or Mo Bamba at the 3 point line. Swoosh!

Ok i'm officially ready for summer league. Let's go!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

I just posted about how I think we'll be healthier next season and we picked up a guy who's virtually never been healthy. Fun.

The Magic FO.....Always has you guessing! ;p

Hardly a surprise Weltman came from Toronto and we have very similar roster building styles. Except unlike Toronto WeltHam don't put an upper limit on height lol. 

By my count we have 9 guys 6'7 or above on our roster but that includes 2 legit 7 footers and a couple in the 6'10 and 6'11 range. 

5 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Damn Lavine back to the Bulls.

Well you speak of health.  Maybe this is a good thing as Lavine had a difficult time staying healthy last year.  Perhaps the injury bug bites again and we capitalize!!!

I can't wish bad health on a team but you don't have to think too hard how the Bulls can fall to 7th to 10th seed and lose the play in games. It could EASILY happen and then we have a lotto pick. Bonus points if we make it that high and are the one to knock them out!

Ok now we have the season goal. Make the play in games, knock the Bulls out.