All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

The future of this current roster has always been tied to player development. If one or two of our guys pop, we’re golden. If not, whelp we’re stuck in the mud. I’m personally excited to see Fultz, Wagner, Banchero and WCJ this coming year. If Suggs, Anthony or Isaac bring something, too, awesome. Our cupboard is full of youngsters who need minutes and growth. Last thing: thank goodness we didn’t sign Fournier or AG to new deals, and I still believe we embarrassed Chicago with that Vooch trade.

I agree. It’s weird though. In the past we’ve done poor with player development (Dipo, Harris, etc). However we are seemingly doing well with Fultz. 

I’m hoping that we continue to take those steps. However I do feel like we need to clear up the guard spots. Not sure how that’ll clear up. 

6 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

There’s the deets… $13 million a year

Win. 

Gary Harris is good and almost certainly got mid level offers from contenders. 

People who think running it back will lead to the same results as last year are somehow forgetting that injuries meant we played like half the season with a heavy rotation of G League guys. Markelle Fultz is back and healthy (JI maybe too, I'll wait and see on that one), added Paolo Banchero and will get (hopefully a lot but almost certainly at least marginal) internal improvements from the Cole, Suggs, RJ, Franz, Okeke group. 

Plus by my estimation we still a potential Ross trade which could pick up if teams have missed out on free agent targets.

Worth keeping in mind that at present, presuming we give Houstan a real deal (which we should given he was the 32nd pick), we already have 15 roster spots locked up:

Harris

Isaac

Fultz

Ross

Bamba

Carter Jr

Suggs

F Wagner

Anthony

Okeke

Hampton

M Wagner

Cannady

Banchero

Houstan

We also still have the 2 way qualifying offer on Schofield which presumes he's going to be one of our 2 way players. Realistically leaves 1 two way spot open to be decided in camp (and Im sure we'd waive Schofield if someone beat him out for a spot too, those 2 way deals don't have a lot of guaranteed money).

We could theoretically still sign players but we'd be forced to cut guys or make trades before opening day. 

12 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Worth keeping in mind that at present, presuming we give Houstan a real deal (which we should given he was the 32nd pick), we already have 15 roster spots locked up:

Harris

Isaac

Fultz

Ross

Bamba

Carter Jr

Suggs

F Wagner

Anthony

Okeke

Hampton

M Wagner

Cannady

Banchero

Houstan

We also still have the 2 way qualifying offer on Schofield which presumes he's going to be one of our 2 way players. Realistically leaves 1 two way spot open to be decided in camp (and Im sure we'd waive Schofield if someone beat him out for a spot too, those 2 way deals don't have a lot of guaranteed money).

We could theoretically still sign players but we'd be forced to cut guys or make trades before opening day. 

So no chance of a Bol Bol signing?

1 minute ago, VoiceofReason said:

So no chance of a Bol Bol signing?

Doubt it. But we could always waive Cannady I guess to make another move.

I don't really get the fascination with Bol Bol anyway. He'll be 23 this year and has played 328 career minutes in 3 seasons. 

10 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Doubt it. But we could always waive Cannady I guess to make another move.

I don't really get the fascination with Bol Bol anyway. He'll be 23 this year and has played 328 career minutes in 3 seasons. 

He's a 7 footer that can handle the ball, shoot, block shots and play the 3. Still needs to develop and wouldn't cost much. More potential than most older players on our D-league roster. Is he eligible for the D league?

Just now, VoiceofReason said:

He's a 7 footer that can handle the ball, shoot, block shots and play the 3. Still needs to develop and wouldn't cost much.

I think if NBA teams believed he could do any of that at a high level he wouldn't be a free agent right now with literally zero buzz about where he goes. 

4 hours ago, Natesroom said:

true but i meant the total team buy in that propelled our 2007-2010 run

Would be good. I believe J.I organised something last off season