All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

8 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I’m curious to know if Gary Harris has been promised a larger role. If you think about it, he’s actually the best fit with Markelle Fultz as a great outside shooter and scorer. 

Cole and Suggs work a lot better because Cole can shoot and Suggs can drive / pass. Neither really works as well with Fultz as Harris does.

I wonder if we sold Harris on a one year deal with a player option to let him both see what we’re building and to increase his value on the market. No one ever agrees to a short term deal at 26 unless there is the expectation more value can be created at next contract. 

Come on, Harris is not great at anything. 

4 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Come on, Harris is not great at anything. 

His corner 3 point shot is elite, and when healthy he’s a tremendous perimeter defender. I agree with being underwhelmed by Bamba, but I’m glad to have Harris back

3 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

His corner 3 point shot is elite, and when healthy he’s a tremendous perimeter defender. I agree with being underwhelmed by Bamba, but I’m glad to have Harris back

He is serviceable, that’s all. Nobody was beating his door down to sign him. 

Called it, night you all. Let's run it again, but this time for keeps.

We are the next Golden State,OKC,Boston babies. 

See you in the finals in 3 years!

The future of this current roster has always been tied to player development. If one or two of our guys pop, we’re golden. If not, whelp we’re stuck in the mud. I’m personally excited to see Fultz, Wagner, Banchero and WCJ this coming year. If Suggs, Anthony or Isaac bring something, too, awesome. Our cupboard is full of youngsters who need minutes and growth. Last thing: thank goodness we didn’t sign Fournier or AG to new deals, and I still believe we embarrassed Chicago with that Vooch trade.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

The future of this current roster has always been tied to player development. If one or two of our guys pop, we’re golden. If not, whelp we’re stuck in the mud. I’m personally excited to see Fultz, Wagner, Banchero and WCJ this coming year. If Suggs, Anthony or Isaac bring something, too, awesome. Our cupboard is full of youngsters who need minutes and growth. Last thing: thank goodness we didn’t sign Fournier or AG to new deals, and I still believe we embarrassed Chicago with that Vooch trade.

It’s so wild that Chicago still owes us another first from that Vooch trade. If things go wrong for them in FA, that could be another potential stud

Im excited to keep harris. Like earlier poster said he's still just 26. I think hes going to have a resurgence year next year. I think his efficiency is going to go and i feel like he can be like Vinnie Johnson was for the Pistons.

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

My sentiments exactly. Homecourt advantage here we come!!!

I mean why not come back to a team with very low expectations for 10-15 million per year?   If you don’t play especially well, it can be ascribed to being on a bad team.  No one expects you to win.  Zero pressure.  And both these guys are very low key.  

52 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

Also i would love for Cole to put together a whole team event practice like Jameer nelson used to do. Or maybe him and another player.

He is already training with Paolo daily 

11 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

He is already training with Paolo daily 

true but i meant the total team buy in that propelled our 2007-2010 run