All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Is a sign and trade much easier to accomplish if there isn't a Qualifying Offer? 

No.

EDIT: to be clear a sign and trade is not off the table it just isn't more likely now we've not extended the qualifying offer. The QO gave us the leverage to match the offer sheet he signed and thus more chance of getting assets. 

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

Yes that is still on the table since we have his bird rights.

I was more thinking Mo's market being less than TPE, Mo could pick a destination, we could take on equal or more salary and get picks.  Other team still have full MLE.

If we had QO, does that limit us to teams that submit offers?

Now that i have a minute to think about it i really don't know. We probably have two players we already targeted. They tend to lock in on free agents, remember Aminu? 

Out of the blue i would say one player as a true free agent and one player we take as a trade from another team with nobody sent back. I think there is enough money out there to get Bamba without forcing some sign and trade from us.

I see us not extending the QO as CYA. What it comes down to is we weren’t willing to risk paying Mo just shy of $11 million next year, and we didn’t think he was gonna get an offer sheet that he’d sign. I don’t expect him back and wish him well going forward. If he ever puts it all together, he’ll be great.

3 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Could we be going after him as an Alpha scorer to pair with our front court?

Yes!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I’d be ecstatic with either him or Zach Lavine if this is the direction the FO is taking with the salary cap space we currently have. 

3 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

It’d be wild if we threw a max at Beal or Lavine, but I don’t think WeltHam are ready to go all-in like that with our roster so raw right now.