All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

7 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

We're in this really drab period now where the draft is over, the picks have sunk in and I've watched/read/listened to all the high quality propoganda and now there's nothing more to talk about until free agency starts. Which I admit is only like 2 days away but Im excited about this team and I want more stuff to talk about. 

Remember that by the second half of last year everyone was hoping for the season to end as quickly as possible.  Team was basically unwatchable.  And we’re bringing the same group back plus Banchero and maybe Isaac.  Be careful  what you wish for.  

From my standpoint the next season can take as long as it wants to begin.  Good chance we’ll be awful again.  

Knicks need to clear space if they're offering Jalen Brunson 20 mil a season. 

We should take Alec Burks off their hands for a first round pick. 

Burks is no Gary Harris but he'd fill the role as a vet guard for half a season at least and possibly fetch more at the deadline.

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Remember that by the second half of last year everyone was hoping for the season to end as quickly as possible.  Team was basically unwatchable.  And we’re bringing the same group back plus Banchero and maybe Isaac.  Be careful  what you wish for.  

From my standpoint the next season can take as long as it wants to begin.  Good chance we’ll be awful again.  

You are something else fella looool 

Definitely we would miss you if you wasnt on the board though. You bring the pessimistic side always and it actually balances things out. Haha

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Like I guarantee if Banchero has a bad game the takes will be wild about how he was a bad pick and he'll bust.

And if he has a great one, he's going to be the next Lebron! :P

29 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Definitely we would miss you if you wasnt on the board though. You bring the pessimistic side always and it actually balances things out. Haha

He's not pessimistic, I would call him realistic most of the times, and I agree with a lot of the things he writes.

In that particular situation, I'm a little more optimistic than him, as we're getting back with the same group, but with Fultz healthy and hopefully Isaac involved again. We're also extremely young, so a big factor will be coach development and summer workouts too.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

You are something else fella looool 

I think it’s more the realistic side.  And it’s basically come true for the past ten or so years.  

29 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

He's not pessimistic, I would call him realistic most of the times, and I agree with a lot of the things he writes.

In that particular situation, I'm a little more optimistic than him, as we're getting back with the same group, but with Fultz healthy and hopefully Isaac involved again. We're also extremely young, so a big factor will be coach development and summer workouts too.

That’s fair.  I hope your more optimistic take turns out to be correct.  I’d love to be excited about the team at the all-star break. +1 to your post for good luck.  

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Yea Summer League is weird though because it's simultaneously fun and exhausting. Because it ultimately means nothing but people treat it like it's the most important thing ever at the time.

Like I guarantee if Banchero has a bad game the takes will be wild about how he was a bad pick and he'll bust.

People have wild/bad takes all the time over lots of things lol. I like summer league, cause when your guys look good it’s always fun to wonder if they *could* be something. I honestly (until I started typing this,) forgot how awful Franz looked in SL last year, so ultimately it doesn’t mean anything. 

36 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I think it’s more the realistic side.  And it’s basically come true for the past ten or so years.  

You got the lottery numbers for me?

Just now, Jay Magic said:

You got the lottery numbers for me?

No. Sorry.  If I had them I’d actually play the lottery, and when I win I’d buy the team and make you the head of fan development. Can’t beat your optimism, even if it’s sometimes over the top.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

No. Sorry.  If I had them I’d actually play the lottery, and when I win I’d buy the team and make you the head of fan development. Can’t beat your optimism, even if it’s sometimes over the top.  

Hahahahaha fan development or season ticket rep manager hahahaha JJ you killed me +1 sir. Well played!!! Hahaha