All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

2 hours ago, ball junkie said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/khobi_price/status/1541086588632981505?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet
If you want to use Wagner and the number 1 pick in the NBA draft whom is your future star and who the offense is supposed to run through as rotation players then I totally agree …link is what Mo Bamba has been up to lately 

That’s an awful lot of bigs to rotate …

Why's Mo playing a team of umpa loompas?

Franz is going to play the 3 and get his minutes.  Paolo is in a 4 man rotation at the 4/5.  He gets force fed minutes and the ability to earn more at the expense of others.  If you bring Mo back and have a 5th big man in need of minutes, JI and Okeke can handle some minutes at 3.  Franz won't play 48 a game.  This of course assumes everyone stays healthy... which they won't.  Mo Wagner and Bol Bol are depth at this point, but with big upside.

If the Magic resign Bamba it has to be with the expectation that either he or Carter are going to be trade bait in the future.  Which is not a bad thing.  Letting talent walk for no return is the bad thing. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Extential said:

Does anyone know what we are doing with Bol Bol yet?

The deadline to extend the qualifying offer to him and Bamba is tomorrow I believe. 

We're in this really drab period now where the draft is over, the picks have sunk in and I've watched/read/listened to all the high quality propoganda and now there's nothing more to talk about until free agency starts. Which I admit is only like 2 days away but Im excited about this team and I want more stuff to talk about. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

We're in this really drab period now where the draft is over, the picks have sunk in and I've watched/read/listened to all the high quality propoganda and now there's nothing more to talk about until free agency starts. Which I admit is only like 2 days away but Im excited about this team and I want more stuff to talk about. 

This and summer league

4 minutes ago, O_SteveO said:

This and summer league

Yea Summer League is weird though because it's simultaneously fun and exhausting. Because it ultimately means nothing but people treat it like it's the most important thing ever at the time.

Like I guarantee if Banchero has a bad game the takes will be wild about how he was a bad pick and he'll bust.

Summer league is still over a week out. Who you want in free agency? I'll break it into tiers. Just to make it easy only unrestricted free agents, no trades or players who picked up options on this list.

Shooting for the moon tier, playoffs or bust.

LaVine or Beal. I don't really want Beal but the guy is very talented. I probably wouldn't mind if they broke the bank for LaVine. It would only be a 4 year contract so why not?

Mid tier multi year contract. Kiss some cap room goodbye.

Gary Harris, Malik Monk,Isiah Hartenstein,Bryn Forbes,Bruce Brown,Austin Rivers, Jevon Carter,Caleb or Cody Martin,Tyus Jones, Kyle Anderson. 

Probably a few more guys but this group is full of guys from maybe 7 million to 15 million a year. Probably take multiple years to grab one or two.

Strictly one year guys. Daniel House,Jones jr.,Jeremy Lamb,Snell,Hood,Okogie,Wright and finally Warren. TJ hasn't played in two whole years. He could use a one year prove it deal.

Last tier are guy restricted we could throw money at like Anfernee Simons and Miles Bridges but might as well wait till Thursday to talk about them. it's too complicated but we are one of a handful of teams who could do it.