All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

JI being back healthy is absolutely the best thing that could happen to Paolo. 

Everyday in practice he is going against one of the best defenders in the NBA.  That will make him that much more effective on offense and should jump start the effort on defense.  No one wants to be shown up in practice.

I don't see a log jam.  Carter, JI, Okeke and Paolo are a pretty solid 4 man rotation assuming you can pencil JI in as part of it.  A decision needs to be made on Bamba, but Bol and Wagner make pretty good 5 men for cheap.  Since JI and Okeke can also give minutes at the 3, keeping Bamba doesn't really screw up the four man rotation.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Isn't it weird that there still hasn't been an announced day for free agency to start? 

The NBA's free agency period officially opens on Thursday, June 30 at 6:00 PM ET

11 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Y’all… is Kyrie really gonna force his way to the Lakers?! Lol

You act surprised 

1 hour ago, Jon said:

You act surprised 

The main surprise to me would be if he opts out of the Max and signs for the MLE… it’s unprecedented, but I guess considering the source shouldn’t be surprising 

40 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

The main surprise to me would be if he opts out of the Max and signs for the MLE… it’s unprecedented, but I guess considering the source shouldn’t be surprising 

I’m not surprised if he does. Signs a one year and reups for the max next. 

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

JI being back healthy is absolutely the best thing that could happen to Paolo. 

Everyday in practice he is going against one of the best defenders in the NBA.  That will make him that much more effective on offense and should jump start the effort on defense.  No one wants to be shown up in practice.

I don't see a log jam.  Carter, JI, Okeke and Paolo are a pretty solid 4 man rotation assuming you can pencil JI in as part of it.  A decision needs to be made on Bamba, but Bol and Wagner make pretty good 5 men for cheap.  Since JI and Okeke can also give minutes at the 3, keeping Bamba doesn't really screw up the four man rotation.  

https://mobile.twitter.com/khobi_price/status/1541086588632981505?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet
If you want to use Wagner and the number 1 pick in the NBA draft whom is your future star and who the offense is supposed to run through as rotation players then I totally agree …link is what Mo Bamba has been up to lately 

That’s an awful lot of bigs to rotate …

The more i think about our options the best thing we could do is offer above average one year deals to both Gary Harris and Bamba and send Ross packing. I think keeping the cap open for one more year is best. If we did that, then the trade deadline and next year is wide open. We would open up that free agent money and also next year is the non guarantee years for both Fultz and Isaac. Could be huge money to throw at someone or non guaranteed contracts to mix with our multiple number 1 picks for a star.