All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

31 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

lol. I can't think of a less fitting combination of star/head coach than Lamelo/Cliff.

It’s so weird to me they brought him back. He’s gonna kill the fun style that team liked to play with and yell at them for all the swagger. Also can pretty much guarantee Kemba is gonna wind up back there on the vet exception or minimum now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

So when does summer league start and can / should someone make a thread? 

I was waiting for us to announce the summer league roster before I made a thread but make one if you want to and I'll pin it.

I’ve been revisiting Suggs’ rookie season, and honestly if he cleans up the handles some and shoots more efficiently (which I think could be a direct result of improved handles, and that both are likely,) he’s a potential star. He’s super fast, super competitive defensively, makes incredible passes, and just generally works hard. He’s never gonna be an amazing iso scoring guard (probably,) but a better jumper would almost immediately make him a real force. I think he could take a nice step next year. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, O_SteveO said:

I’ve been revisiting Suggs’ rookie season, and honestly if he cleans up the handles some and shoots more efficiently (which I think could be a direct result of improved handles, and that both are likely,) he’s a potential star. He’s super fast, super competitive defensively, makes incredible passes, and just generally works hard. He’s never gonna be an amazing iso scoring guard (probably,) but a better jumper would almost immediately make him a real force. I think he could take a nice step next year. 

I agree with you, I love his intangibles. My biggest fear with him after his rookie year is health. I love the put your body on the line every play style, don’t get me wrong, but he’s gotta be smarter. I also don’t see him as a PG in this league at all, but luckily we’ve got plenty of guys who will allow him to play off ball

22 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I agree with you, I love his intangibles. My biggest fear with him after his rookie year is health. I love the put your body on the line every play style, don’t get me wrong, but he’s gotta be smarter. I also don’t see him as a PG in this league at all, but luckily we’ve got plenty of guys who will allow him to play off ball

He was apparently last in the league in estimated win shares, but I have no idea how that’s calculated (tho I know it doesn’t actually have anything to with team wins.) I know he didn’t shoot well and turned it over too much, but it’s insane to me that he could analytically be the worst player in the league. 

I’m really curious how we’re going to approach this off-season. As of now we have a full rotation under contract:

Fultz/Suggs/Franz/Paolo/WCJ

Cole/RJ/Ross/Chuma/JI?

We have a QO to Bamba and we have Moe Wagner on a team option that has to be picked up by Thursday. Also team options for Iggy and Admiral, and I think Cannady, but those guys don’t really count.

I’d love GH back, especially if Terrence winds up gone, also would welcome RoLo back if we let Bamba walk. We’ve got $30 mill in cap space but I don’t see us doing anything that would affect that long term.

Also, completely forgot that after next season Markelle only has $2 million guaranteed if he gets hurt again or we decide to move on before the beginning of next years free agency. So much flexibility.