All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

25 minutes ago, Jon said:

Got some high hopes my friend lol.

We haven’t been one. Think he wants to go to a team that already is a playoff team.  

I dont think you understand the levels of improvement that are coming for us next season. We are running teams off the floor regularly. Mark my words

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I dont think you understand the levels of improvement that are coming for us next season. We are running teams off the floor regularly. Mark my words

Let’s see how the draft goes.

4 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

We are believe me or not. We are about to run teams off the floor next season!! 

Who wants a bet ??

Me.  I’ll bet whatever you would like.  We won’t be anywhere near good next year.  

34 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Ridiculous 

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Me.  I’ll bet whatever you would like.  We won’t be anywhere near good next year.  

Cool $50 bet deal!

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Ridiculous 

You have your opinion and i have mine. You are ridiculously pessimistic as ever but its cool. We will see....

• Upvote 1

The amount of draft coverage on the radio today was cool. It's actually cool to be the Magic again. I guess tomorrow we will find out if we are the Tragic or the Magic again.

I still have time to change my mind but Chet sure does have that super hyped up bust profile. I mean the guy is only the "lite" version of the prospect everyone wants next year, and he was outplayed by Wembanyama. I think i'm back on the anyone but Chet train. For three non scientific reasons. He didn't pass the eye test for me, he wasn't the biggest reason his team was successful, and way too many people are trying way to hard to write him up, prop him up.

Like this stuff.     https://www.si.com/nba/2022/06/20/chet-holmgren-the-future-of-basketball-daily-cover?utm_source=reddit.com

It's such a red flag for me that people have to keep explaining why he is so good. I mean you didn't have to explain why Kat, or Davis or even Zion were good. And even those guys have struggled at times to live up to the hype. And these are the guys that made  it! I'm being kind not to mention the guys who didn't!

3 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

The amount of draft coverage on the radio today was cool. It's actually cool to be the Magic again. I guess tomorrow we will find out if we are the Tragic or the Magic again.

I still have time to change my mind but Chet sure does have that super hyped up bust profile. I mean the guy is only the "lite" version of the prospect everyone wants next year, and he was outplayed by Wembanyama. I think i'm back on the anyone but Chet train. For three non scientific reasons. He didn't pass the eye test for me, he wasn't the biggest reason his team was successful, and way too many people are trying way to hard to write him up, prop him up.

Like this stuff.     https://www.si.com/nba/2022/06/20/chet-holmgren-the-future-of-basketball-daily-cover?utm_source=reddit.com

It's such a red flag for me that people have to keep explaining why he is so good. I mean you didn't have to explain why Kat, or Davis or even Zion were good. And even those guys have struggled at times to live up to the hype. And these are the guys that made  it! I'm being kind not to mention the guys who didn't!

I think Chet fits the NBA a lot better than Wembanyama.

The body is obviously a concern. Can’t deny that

3 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

I love your optimism, that is what being a fan is all about. +1

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Every top prospect has had multiple articles written about them. They're not really for the people who have watched a lot of college basketball they're for people who haven't and need an introduction to a prospect.

As far as Chet being Wemby "lite", the implication here is that you wouldn't want to draft 1 talented player because they're not quite as talented as another similar player? People think Jabari is KD 'lite" (he's not) so should we not draft him? Would you have not wanted David Robinson because he wasn't as good as Kareem? Would you have not wanted Clyde Drexler because he wasn't as good as Jordan? 2 players can be somewhat similar and both be successful.  

Finally the idea that Chet wasn't the biggest reason his team was successful is beyond laughable. They had one of the best defenses in college basketball almost entirely because Chet locked down the paint. Virtually every metric you can find suggests Chet was the best player on that team. Just watching that team suggests Chet was the best player on that team.