All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

On 4/19/2022 at 9:00 PM, Soul Bro said:

Great news on Ross

A lot of respect for Terrance Ross....The Human Torch !!!!!!!!!!

He deserves to play for a CONTENDER....for a West Conference contender, like the Warriors or Suns.

Let's see what the FO can negotiate....should be co-winners at least. Team gets cap relief after next season.

• Like 1

Hope we get something good for T Ross. I'll very much miss those games where he just couldn't miss. 

Also he's definitely going to be a Magic killer when he comes back to play us. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

A lot of respect for Terrance Ross....The Human Torch !!!!!!!!!!

He deserves to play for a CONTENDER....for a West Conference contender, like the Warriors or Suns.

Let's see what the FO can negotiate....should be co-winners at least. Team gets cap relief after next season.

My one rule is that he is not allowed to play with a Lebron team. I can just see him going full Ray Allen in Game 6 and getting Bron another ring. Nope I'd take a lesser 2nd round draft pick to keep that from happening.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Hope we get something good for T Ross. I'll very much miss those games where he just couldn't miss. 

Also he's definitely going to be a Magic killer when he comes back to play us. 

At least is not Fournier who will be guarding him....TRoss would torch him !!!!

Here’s the thing, and I may get some flack for this take… I’ve never been a big Ross guy. Sure he could get hot, but he was given far too much freedom under Clifford. I’m not sure he ever played consistent, winning basketball. Meanwhile, this past year, he was arguably our worst regular rotation guy, which is saying something. Ross seems like a wonderful guy, but I’m glad this marriage may be coming to an end.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Here’s the thing, and I may get some flack for this take… I’ve never been a big Ross guy. Sure he could get hot, but he was given far too much freedom under Clifford. I’m not sure he ever played consistent, winning basketball. Meanwhile, this past year, he was arguably our worst regular rotation guy, which is saying something. Ross seems like a wonderful guy, but I’m glad this marriage may be coming to an end.

Well said I feel the same way and I’m sure others on here do as well. 

28 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Agree.

The total green light he got with Cliff was impossible to understand for me.

I remember a player that was considered a defensive asset, in the first year after the Toronto trade... where's now that player?

4 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

100% agree.  This business of him taking every shot so he could get hot once in awhile sucked all the oxygen out of everyone else who was on the floor.  

The thing is, I wouldnt want to pay Bamba more than WCJ as I believe Wendell to be the superior player and you could argue Wendell is under paid after the season he just had versus the contract he signed. Will Bamba be willing to come back at a similar price? And would we be inclined to keep him at that price when we already have a starting C? It'll be interesting.