All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

I dont know about this video

I feel like he spent 50% of the video talking

about he structure and hard work that ESPN has put in

and said very little of substance about the magic 

18 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Bianchi: “Mo Bamba showed some flashes this year, obviously. What’s his future with the team?”

Weltman: “I think what Mo really did, Mike, was Mo started to shoot the ball consistently as we have expected him to grow into over the years. That takes time. We always talk about guys growing into their bodies, understanding the rhythm of the league and the pace, and just kind of having the comfort level that it’s just another game. So, especially with guys with Mo’s body type, it takes longer than others. So, I think we’re starting to see Mo shoot the ball better. Obviously, he was healthier. The old line ‘no ability like availability.’ He was available more. I think the actual consistency, getting up and down the court is on the uptick. He’s still got work to do. He’s still a very young guy. He’s got a lot of progress in front of him, but to your question, look, Mo is a restricted free agent and right now our whole group is taking a big exhale. Everybody is kind of clearing out for a little bit while they decompress. We will regroup and try to get an understanding of how our group fits together and obviously, free agency is a two-way street. So, we’ll see where that goes, but we’re very encouraged by Mo’s progress. Mo is a great guy. Mo’s a great kid and he’s had a lot of bad breaks along the way with injuries and COVID, and etc. I was really proud of him, the way that he fought through those things this year and started to scratch the surface of the player that he should be.”

I interpret this to mean we'll take him back if the price is right.

4 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

I interpret this to mean we'll take him back if the price is right.

I think Weltmans assessment of Mo is fair. He's had a bunch of injuries and COVID. This is technically his first full year as a starter in the NBA and most of it has been without a legit PG until Fultz came back, on a team without many vets (who aren't competing for his starting spot). I would like to see him return next year for the right amount and see whether he can take the leap we need

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ball junkie said:

I liked this quote:

“I do think that our young guys – obviously our rookies – learned what it’s like to be in the NBA. They learned what it’s like to go through the marathon season that the NBA is all about. Jalen (Suggs) had an injury in the middle of the season that actually, I think, we’ll look back on it and say that was the best thing that could have happened to him. He used that time really productively, which I think says a lot about him, a lot about our performance staff and our coaching staff. Our analytics crew almost looks at our season like pre-Jalen injury and post-Jalen injury for the way that he looked and the way that our team looked. Our defensive rating skyrocketed when he got back from that injury.”

I didn’t like this quote: 

“He’s [Jonathan’s] a fighter, he’s a believer, and he’s a relentless worker. He’s all about the Magic. So, he hasn’t really been able to get back to it yet from his latest procedure, but I know he’ll start ramping it back up soon, and get back on the horse, and get himself back on the court, and we go from there.”

• Like 1