Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - Magic @ Thunder - Mar. 23, 2022 @ 8:00 PM

6Mbt8p.png

fTWArR.png

Paycom Center - Oklahoma City, OK
Wednesday, March 23rd at 8:00 P.M. EST
TV:  Bally Sports FL

bd1ogs.jpg  20-52 , 5th in Northwest Division    |    20-53, 5th in Southeast DivisionH4RH1Y.png

wxmUoV.png

WE WILL. . .
Be: Tougher, Faster, Stronger

dontstopbelieving2pulsa.gif

6nVrPN.gif

MAGIC AND THUNDER UPDATE

pmKIzv.png

Magic-Thunder matchup heavy on draft lottery implications

FLM Mar 21, 2022

Both the Orlando Magic and Oklahoma City Thunder have been eliminated from playoff contention. But there's still plenty at stake when the pair meet on Wednesday in Oklahoma City.

The teams are separated by just a half-game for one of the bottom three spots in the NBA standings. 

The bottom three teams in the league will each have a 14% chance of winning the NBA draft lottery. 

Thunder coach Mark Daigneault said any talk of tanking for a better draft pick hadn't affected the players on the court.

The Magic (20-53) have won back-to-back games, starting with Sunday's 90-85 home win over the Thunder in the teams' first meeting of the season.

"I think it's important to keep playing for each other. We're a family here, so no matter if we're in playoff contention or out of it, we're still going to play hard every night," Orlando's R.J. Hampton said.

"We want to get better as a group. We have a lot of young talent on this team. I think these last 10 games or so is definitely going to help us build into this summer and build into next season."

Oklahoma City (20-52) has lost 10 consecutive games and 18 of its last 21.

In Sunday's game, Orlando's Wendell Carter Jr. scored a season-high 30 as the Magic shot just 38.6 percent.

But the Thunder shot just 32.6 percent, their worst shooting game and the lowest for an Orlando opponent this season.

Link:  https://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/preview/NBA_20220323_ORL@OKC/

We’ll see how serious we are about the tank based around who plays in the 4th. Starters have dominated, bench has been horrible. This is probably the last stint of Iggy in the NBA over the next 9 games, so if that’s the kind of sick thing you’re in to, you better enjoy it while you can.

Closing out with the bench lineup, man… we earned this one. No Wendell, Fultz, Ross, Harris and major minutes to guys that don’t belong in the league. Pistons won tonight too, so we’ll be sitting in 2nd to last when the nights over

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

We’ll see how serious we are about the tank based around who plays in the 4th. Starters have dominated, bench has been horrible. This is probably the last stint of Iggy in the NBA over the next 9 games, so if that’s the kind of sick thing you’re in to, you better enjoy it while you can.

That last sentence had me lol

First half feeling was the same I wrote in yesterday game thread: Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.

Second half: we simply out-tanked them this time.