Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - Magic Vs Pistons - Mar. 17, 2022 @ 7:00 PM

gdXqzn.png

VENUE:  Amway Center - Orlando FL

XICXxF.png  18-51,  5th in Central Division    |     18-52,  5th in Southeast Division Scs8zY.png

BGnCK3.png

8f1NLm.gif

p9gbIG.gif

LET'S GO MAGIC!

OWLood.png

THIS WILL BE
Ivk0ql.gif
GO MAGIC!
glitteryourway68b14f28.gif

MAGIC AND PISTONS UPDATE

After blowout loss, Magic turn attention toward Pistons

FLM Mar 16, 2022

The humbled Orlando Magic begin the second half of a six-game homestand on Thursday night with a matchup against the Detroit Pistons.

Detroit and Orlando, who have been officially eliminated from playoff contention, meet for the fourth and final time this season. The Pistons won the first two games by a combined 12 points, while Orlando posted a 119-103 home victory over Detroit on Jan. 28.

Orlando found itself in the path of a hurricane on Tuesday night, and the storm lasted four quarters in a 150-108 shellacking by the Brooklyn Nets.

The Magic clearly missed rookie Jalen Suggs on Tuesday.

The fifth overall pick in last year's draft has been hampered by a right ankle injury sustained against Toronto on March 4, forcing him to miss three games and limiting him to 22 minutes in Sunday's overtime loss to Philadelphia. Suggs is listed as questionable for Thursday.

The Pistons have lost four in a row, including Tuesday's 105-98 defeat to the host Miami Heat. Detroit played without star rookie Cade Cunningham (non-COVID illness), Hamidou Diallo (sprained left finger) and Frank Jackson (back spasms).

Linkhttps://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/preview/NBA_20220317_DET@ORL/

So the excuse last game was Kyrie is fantastic and just couldn’t be stopped.  Is that also true about the Pistons?   73 point first half ……

I don't understand this at all. I can't believe what I'm watching

The Magic have beat the Jazz, Minnesota, Bulls, Nuggets, Hawks, and they are struggling with the Pistons whose records are similar?

They are missing pieces the same as us.

I don't get it.

18 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I don't understand this at all. I can't believe what I'm watching

The Magic have beat the Jazz, Minnesota, Bulls, Nuggets, Hawks, and they are struggling with the Pistons whose records are similar?

They are missing pieces the same as us.

I don't get it.

The Magic look like they don’t care about thus game, just going through the motions, especially on defense.  We’ve already given up 106 in three quarters to the Pistons.  

This probably makes our tankers happy.  What they don’t realize is that you’re building a losing mindset in our young players that you can’t just switch off next season.  We’re creating a foundation built on sand that is likely to hurt us for years to come.  

31 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

The Magic look like they don’t care about thus game, just going through the motions, especially on defense.  We’ve already given up 106 in three quarters to the Pistons.  

This probably makes our tankers happy.  What they don’t realize is that you’re building a losing mindset in our young players that you can’t just switch off next season.  We’re creating a foundation built on sand that is likely to hurt us for years to come.  

I agree with this 100%. I kept thinking this to myself, the fact that there were a lot of uncontested shots by the Pistons. I'm not picking on Mo, but I watched him let shorter players get put backs in the basket. He was not aggressively trying to get rebounds--just flat-footed