Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - Magic Vs 76ers - Mar. 13, 2022 @ 6:00 PM

16 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Great effort. I love Markelle. This Sixers team and the way the NBA is officiating them is so bad for the sport.

I agree on Cole. It was nice to see him hit the 3s in OT, but what sticks out to me is the play after where they called a foul, Philly challenged the play and it got reversed. On that play, 2 Sixers were on the ground, 3 Magic players were open, and Cole forced a mid range pull up instead of moving the ball to any of the open guys. You can be selfish if you’re a super star, but Cole hasn’t even been average for the past couple months.

The contrast with what we were seeing with Markelle in vs. with Cole says all we need to say about the future of the team.

6 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Great effort. I love Markelle. This Sixers team and the way the NBA is officiating them is so bad for the sport.

I agree on Cole. It was nice to see him hit the 3s in OT, but what sticks out to me is the play after where they called a foul, Philly challenged the play and it got reversed. On that play, 2 Sixers were on the ground, 3 Magic players were open, and Cole forced a mid range pull up instead of moving the ball to any of the open guys. You can be selfish if you’re a super star, but Cole hasn’t even been average for the past couple months.

Give me "team ball" guys all day long. I think our team will be better served with Markelle / Suggs and their court vision in "crunch time" next year. 

And in my opinion, at this point, with how he perceives himself, I don't think Cole can stay on this team. He won't lightly relegate himself to 6th man, and if he does accept the role, he'll only use it to try to score and prove he should be in a starting lineup. 

I'm going 70% likely we trade him in the off-season. I just can't see a realm where we keep him if we can get some value for him in a trade. 

• Upvote 1

We're definitely looking better, and Fultz return has probably helped for that.

Still a lot lot lot of things to improve. Cole could have a great and important role, but it will up to the coaches to make him embrace it. I also don't know if we aren't using enough Wagner, or if he has only hit the classic rookie wall.

Magic gave Phili all they could handle last night. Lots of bright spots WCJ, Kelli,Chuma and even RJ.  I wonder how the Phili fans feel watching that foul fest? Getting all those "Superstar" calls that is not fun basketball and not good for the league.

The Magic Lost this game because of Coaching. The Magics bench was playing better and should have played in OT or had more min in the 4th qtr. All the bench players were in the positive.

We didn't say a thing about the absurd challenge that Mosley took (once again), before the clutch.

I think Mosley is probably our worst clutch man.