TrueMagicFan07

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - Magic Vs Suns - Mar. 8th, 2022 @ 7:00 PM

ah man - Franz got the final shot (as he should have). Just a great defensive effort by Bridges. It would have been nice to win this one but with Suggs out and Markelle on a minutes restriction, we knew was going to be tough. 

I hope in the next few years the NBA changes the rules a bit to prevent intentionally fouling when you’re up 3 late. It takes away one of the more exciting buzzer beater opportunities the league has.

Kelle looked good again, we got out of there relatively healthy. Close losses are better than blowouts…. Man I’m ready for this season to just be over with.

2 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Why does Cole have his headband at eye level--just above his eyes?  Is it covering up a cut on the forehead?

Yes, it is a bandage from a collision earlier in the game.

If it’s late in a close game, it’s apparently time for Cole hero ball.  That second to last possession with about 45 seconds left was a travesty. 

10 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

They took Milwaukee all the way to the 4th the other night without those three. They are deep at almost every position. It was a one point game at the start of the 4th!

Teams that are conteneder always have a different mindset, and usually be able to involve everyone in it. We're just so far away...

Also, we were claiming a lot of times for some changes by the coaching staff, but I wasn't really expecting Hampton to be the solution in the starting lineup, especially with Harris healthy. The Cole/RJ pairing is even more terrible than the previous one IMO, still not sure on what they see in Hampton, but maybe he's training great and he can't just show it in games.

47 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

If it’s late in a close game, it’s apparently time for Cole hero ball.  That second to last possession with about 45 seconds left was a travesty. 

Yeah Coles game right now is not conducive to playing winning team basketball. Once Fultz is off his minutes restriction I fully expect him to replace Cole in the starting lineup. Between T-Ross and Cole there’s a lot left to be desired on both sides of the floor. 

16 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Teams that are conteneder always have a different mindset, and usually be able to involve everyone in it. We're just so far away...

Also, we were claiming a lot of times for some changes by the coaching staff, but I wasn't really expecting Hampton to be the solution in the starting lineup, especially with Harris healthy. The Cole/RJ pairing is even more terrible than the previous one IMO, still not sure on what they see in Hampton, but maybe he's training great and he can't just show it in games.

I can see why the coaching staff likes RJ. He’s lightning quick, very aggressive and surprisingly strong when driving to the basket, and he hustles on both sides of the floor. Sure his shot isn’t dropping consistently but with more in game reps I think this can be corrected. Doesn’t help he shares the backcourt with Cole who only gives up the ball after he’s run around the perimeter with more than half the shot clock gone and then gives it to other guys who need to take last second contested shots. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I remember when Phoenix and Orlando were in the running for worst teams in the league. All the way back four years ago. Boy this franchise is run by some brilliant m f ers. 

Unfortunatley for us, their path back from that 4 years ago started with a #1 draft pick the year we got the 6th... had draft order worked in our favor and gotten a top 5 pick we would have had a 66% chance of choosing a draft pick that would have vaulted us back to prominence. (Ayton, Doncic, Trae) so blame david sterling or adam silver for the draft odds allowing Sac and ATL jumping us.

5 hours ago, Natesroom said:

Unfortunatley for us, their path back from that 4 years ago started with a #1 draft pick the year we got the 6th... had draft order worked in our favor and gotten a top 5 pick we would have had a 66% chance of choosing a draft pick that would have vaulted us back to prominence. (Ayton, Doncic, Trae) so blame david sterling or adam silver for the draft odds allowing Sac and ATL jumping us.

Ayton was not their savior. They have made wise moves to build a winning team, Magic have failed. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Ayton was not their savior. They have made wise moves to build a winning team, Magic have failed. 

I didnt say he was their savior, but he is a very very good player and he averaged 16 and 18 his first two years and almost 15 coming back from injury.

Yes the moves to add other players also helped but the #1 pick was far from a bust. And to be honest we probably would have picked doncic if we had gotten the #1, #2, or #3 that year.