Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - Magic Vs Pacers - Mar. 2, 2022 @ 7:00 PM

Cole's decision making + the absence of any kind of offensive plan down the stretch... I think I already watched this. Fun game despite the heartbreaking loss 

3 minutes ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Or MAYBE they just don't want to see us miss out on another top 3 pick because of needless wins at the end of a season... hahhhhh. 

You’re right.  Great that we found a way to lose this one by playing the stupidest basketball imaginable.  That will really help our players learn to get better in close games in the future.  

3 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I think the ship has sailed on Cole being in a rut after that small stretch of all star play. Reality is that small stretch looks like the outlier 

In my mind, Cole needs to learn to let the game come to him. That All-Star level of play for 10 games last season went to his Alpha-Dog head. The true All-Star's score points while making the other guys around them better by making the best decision given to them on any given play. 

Cole looks for his shot, not what the defense gives him. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Or MAYBE they just don't want to see us miss out on another top 3 pick because of needless wins at the end of a season... hahhhhh. 

Regardless of your position on tanking, this was an awful loss

• Upvote 1

Just now, TreyMachine said:

In my mind, Cole needs to learn to let the game come to him. That All-Star level of play for 10 games last season went to his Alpha-Dog head. The true All-Star's score points while making the other guys around them better by making the best decision given to them on any given play. 

Cole looks for his shot, not what the defense gives him. 

I agree. I honestly think the best version of Cole is going to be when he’s off ball and Markelle is playing PG. Part of the problem is Jalen and Cole are terrible together 

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Started before that. We wouldn’t be in this position if we didn’t play Schofeld and RJ over Bamba and Harris in the 2nd unit in the 2nd half

This… We chose “development” over winning tonight. Clear as day, which I don’t support. RJ and Schofield were terrible.

Edit: And I agree with everyone about Cole. Wow can he play bad hero ball at times.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, O_SteveO said:

I know the Pacers aren’t very good, but this is very encouraging… even if it’s only 2 games

Too soon, it was one game and only a little more.

I agree with multiple posters here about Cole (remember: he was already an All-Star in november) the lack of ideas and bad decisions of coaching staff, and a lot more. Those minutes to RJ (and I mean ALL the minutes we're giving him, not only yesterday, are quite a mistery for me. I really don't see anything in him, hope I'm wrong)

I also agree that is time to split the Cole/Suggs pairing. When Fultz will be out of minutes restriction, I'll gladly seen him paired with Cole (becoming more a shooter and less a ball-handler) and Suggs with the more experienced Harris.

2 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Too soon, it was one game and only a little more.

I agree with multiple posters here about Cole (remember: he was already an All-Star in november) the lack of ideas and bad decisions of coaching staff, and a lot more. Those minutes to RJ (and I mean ALL the minutes we're giving him, not only yesterday, are quite a mistery for me. I really don't see anything in him, hope I'm wrong)

I also agree that is time to split the Cole/Suggs pairing. When Fultz will be out of minutes restriction, I'll gladly seen him paired with Cole (becoming more a shooter and less a ball-handler) and Suggs with the more experienced Harris.

This ^

Why can't our analytics team and our player development squad in addition to the coach see that suggs/cole is a bad pairing long term. Yes they occasionally work well together for a few plays so you could overlap them every now and then if it produces, but the minute it turns into ISO ball, "Cole World", Black Hole Cole, Cole Blooded time is when you need to pull suggs.

2 hours ago, Natesroom said:

This ^

Why can't our analytics team and our player development squad in addition to the coach see that suggs/cole is a bad pairing long term. Yes they occasionally work well together for a few plays so you could overlap them every now and then if it produces, but the minute it turns into ISO ball, "Cole World", Black Hole Cole, Cole Blooded time is when you need to pull suggs.

Disagree. You pull Cole not Suggs. No reason to punish Suggs for Cole playing hero ball. 

• Upvote 1