Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - Magic Vs Pacers - Feb. 28, 2022 @ 7 PM

20 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Fultz doing what he does best playing great team basketball and keeping the ball moving. Once he gets off his minutes restriction he needs to be starting for us and Anthony needs to go to the bench. Fultz balances our roster out and let’s Anthony be that offensive spark for the 2nd unit. 

I’d rather see Cole/Fultz starting backcourt with Suggs coming off the bench, but yeah Kelle will be starting soon. He looks healthy, just a little rust to knock off.

6 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’d rather see Cole/Fultz starting backcourt with Suggs coming off the bench, but yeah Kelle will be starting soon. He looks healthy, just a little rust to knock off.

I prefer the Fultz/Suggs backcourt because they both like to get their other teammates involved where as  Anthony is looking for his shot first which I think would better suit the 2nd unit. Also that duo defensively is much better and they would be able to switch without creating a mismatch for the other team to take advantage of. 

14 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

I prefer the Fultz/Suggs backcourt because they both like to get their other teammates involved where as  Anthony is looking for his shot first which I think would better suit the 2nd unit. Also that duo defensively is much better and they would be able to switch without creating a mismatch for the other team to take advantage of. 

I see where you’re coming from for sure, but I think the open looks that Fultz will create is something Cole is much more built to take advantage of

It’s amazing what a good PG can do to a lineup. Night and day when Fultz is in the lineup vs. Cole. Quick step, court vision… and is that a jump shot I see? My goodness! Bring me a healthy JI and this starting 5 is ready to make a jump! 

13 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

It’s amazing what a good PG can do to a lineup. Night and day when Fultz is in the lineup vs. Cole. Quick step, court vision… and is that a jump shot I see? My goodness! Bring me a healthy JI and this starting 5 is ready to make a jump! 

It really is night and day. 

I think RJ Hampton is a poor ball handler. Each time he makes a decision before seeing what the defense gives him and only passes once he’s stuck. Definitely not a first or second unit PG. Maybe a spark combo guard off the bench, but not a PG who makes the guys around him better. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Did y'all see JI's look of excitement on the sideline as he watched Markelle making passes and shooting the ball? It was a look like "Oh my gosh. I want to be out there and join the party!" 

4 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

So happy for Markelle!  Hope y’all tankers aren’t too crazy dug in, cause we’re winning some games the rest of the way

I am VERY torn. Kelle is definitely my favourite in the league at present. Our favourite franchise getting a future all-NBA scoring stud is also my favourite scenario for the future. Argh.