Sign in to follow this  
All Eyes On Me

2022 NBA Trade Deadline Thread

8 minutes ago, MagicTurk said:

It would be better to hold on to him till Draft night and see if they can dump a big expiring salary for additional assets. But I also like the idea of keeping his bird rights and bringing him back for a similar deal TRoss got. I'm also disappointed we didn't move TRoss or Bamba today.

Funny thing is we were thinking about Bol Bol instead of RJ in the Aaron Gordon deal last year and now we got both. 

Harris isn't eligible to be traded on draft night. 

The fact we're not waiving Bol Bol suggests we might have interest in seeing him in some capacity next summer. We've got an open roster spot now, wonder if we'll do anything with it.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

The fact we're not waiving Bol Bol suggests we might have interest in seeing him in some capacity next summer. We've got an open roster spot now, wonder if we'll do anything with it.

Another stick for the trainers to work with. With his height he could be trained to be a defensive menace if he can stay healthy.

5 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Before anybody gets too excited, not only are Dozier and Bol both out for the season, they’re also both UFA next year and chances are high that neither ever suits up for us… but hey, at least we did something 

What would the point of the deal be for us in that case?

On 2/6/2022 at 2:45 PM, fan for too long 2 said:

If y’all think we are dumping anything other than wins this season, then you haven’t paid attention to our management.
My prediction for our trade deadline moves this year, Zero Nada Zilch. 

Ok, I overshot the target. Management was actually worse than my prediction. I really can’t explain how f ing tired I am at this moment of how these f ing  owners don’t give a crap about you/me!!!!

They traded for two injured players, guess we didn’t have enough. And gave away another second round pick. Ggezus f ing @‘jcjdjdjjjk jfieiicnndnhdjjjijjfjjcjcjurjjc!!!!!!!!!!

Really considering to say f this organization after being a fan since Nick Anderson was picked. 

rant over 

50 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Ok, I overshot the target. Management was actually worse than my prediction. I really can’t explain how f ing tired I am at this moment of how these f ing  owners don’t give a crap about you/me!!!!

They traded for two injured players, guess we didn’t have enough. And gave away another second round pick. Ggezus f ing @‘jcjdjdjjjk jfieiicnndnhdjjjijjfjjcjcjurjjc!!!!!!!!!!

Really considering to say f this organization after being a fan since Nick Anderson was picked. 

rant over 

Actually we’re getting the 2nd, our outgoing 2nd is protected 31-55, so probably won’t transfer. We do get Bol as a Restricted Free Agent this summer, so I guess that’s something? My guess would be that the "cash considerations" would be to pay one or both of Dozier/Bol for the rest of the season, which makes sense for Boston. Even if it doesn't get them below the tax line, it still would save them some money, since they aren't paying the luxury tax on those two salaries. 

I'm not surprised they waived Moore, I am a little surprised they waived MCW, but they didn't really have anyone else they could waive. I am a bit shocked they waived Dozier, though. Dozier played really well in Denver last year when they had backcourt injuries; and as a 6'6", 25 year old, combo guard/wing I thought there was still some potential there, at least as a deep bench guy. He actually played across PG/SG/SF for Denver. I guess the F.O. figured without any kind of restricted/bird rights to him and him not being back this year, there wasn't really a point in keeping him. 

35 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Actually we’re getting the 2nd, our outgoing 2nd is protected 31-55, so probably won’t transfer. We do get Bol as a Restricted Free Agent this summer, so I guess that’s something?

Correct, we did not give away a 2nd round pick, although looks like the one we got is for 2028 (lol). We would need to be a top 5 team in the league next year for it to convey. Looks like this was mainly doing Boston a bit of a favour so they gave us some cash and a 2nd round pick. As has been said by other posters, they'll have a look at Bol Bol over the summer, don't see them offering him anything though as he's been nothing short of terrible in the league.

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

What would the point of the deal be for us in that case?

I did misspeak initially, Bol is an RFA with like a $2 million QO so the trade seems to be a free shot at Bol and a 2nd round upgrade to get Boston out of the tax

14 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I did misspeak initially, Bol is an RFA with like a $2 million QO so the trade seems to be a free shot at Bol and a 2nd round upgrade to get Boston out of the tax

Our second round pick got better?   Just trying to understand this deal. We’re getting some cash which I guess partially defrays the extra salary cost?

25 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Our second round pick got better?   Just trying to understand this deal. We’re getting some cash which I guess partially defrays the extra salary cost?

The 2nd round pick we got is for 2028. Boston would have been in the luxury tax had they not made the deal with us so that has saved them a lot of money so they gave us a pick and cash as a thank you.