Sign in to follow this  
All Eyes On Me

2022 NBA Trade Deadline Thread

On 2/6/2022 at 12:53 PM, Soul Bro said:

Don’t forget the Fournier TPE

We actually got 3 that expire on deadline day. Fournier’s is the big one, but also like $4.5 mill from Aminu and like $2 mill from Gary Clark.

Now, there’s a 99% chance WeltHam wont utilize any of em, but the 1% will be fun to talk about over the next 60 hours or so.

9 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

This is big news for Mo. It more than likely means that wherever he’s playing next year, he’ll be playing on a 1 yr $10 million prove it deal. 

Maybe this was our plan all along with starting Mo? Drive up the per-year value (would anyone really pay him $10M+/year on a deal) and get one year with him rather than commit long term. I don't mind that strategy at all as a Magic fan. 

Jake Fischer (not the most trustworthy but has got some stuff right in the past) reporting T Ross could fetch a package similar to Fournier and Gary Harris could be bought out. That would be a pretty disappointing deadline to be honest. Think I'd rather keep both than lose them both and only come away with 2 2nds. 

29 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Jake Fischer (not the most trustworthy but has got some stuff right in the past) reporting T Ross could fetch a package similar to Fournier and Gary Harris could be bought out. That would be a pretty disappointing deadline to be honest. Think I'd rather keep both than lose them both and only come away with 2 2nds. 

Again, you make these trades to appease the players and get a good reputation. Ross is gone even if we do not get a decent return. He has already checked out. Harris is tricky, i believe he is only gone if we become part of a large deal and his salary helps facilitate that deal. If he is still here on Friday i don't think they buy him out. I believe they would keep him because they still need somebody to fill in those minutes. Now if Moore,McW and Fultz were about to come back and play, then yes they could buy him out. 

We should talk about some trades, even if unlikely, this place is getting boring. My first thought is Bamba to Toronto or Charlotte but i have no idea what either team could give us.

Thoughts?

53 minutes ago, harryfromphilly said:

I just heard on talk radio that the magic are moving behind the scenes to get rid of both Marquelle and J.I.    Thoughts?

At this point i would do it in a heartbeat, for two reasons. We initiated a full rebuild last offseason. We are probably going to draft another big man this summer. We have a ton of guards. Kelle and Isaac are complete mysteries at this point due to injury and being headcases. So a few picks or players that could be anything are equal to Kelle and Isaac because who knows what you have with them at this point? I don't think they get moved but the NBA is increasingly chaotic. Anything could happen.

Yeah, I would definately do it for Issac if there is good return.  I still am a believer in Marquelle, unless something is going that we  dont know about. This quiet leads to more questions than answers

We've wondered for years about trading for CJ... and the price is quite lower than expected IMO, but we also have a different timeline now. Would have been interesting together with the "Evaluation Team"

3 hours ago, harryfromphilly said:

I just heard on talk radio that the magic are moving behind the scenes to get rid of both Marquelle and J.I.    Thoughts?

Not buying it.

There isn’t 1 team who would offer anything of value for JI(or Fultz for that matter), the potential he comes back close to what he was before injury greatly out-weighs anything close we would get for JI.

It’s also a huge red flag to the trade partner for either of the 2 players that they wouldn’t give us anything of value just due to that. 

My thoughts ofcourse, but I think it would be a huge mistake to trade either of them currently.