Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic vs 76ers Official Game Thread - Weds., Jan. 5th @ 7 PM

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

Our progess is nice. 

Cleanly holding out J.I and Markelle on purpose. Stealth tanking. 

I don't agree that losing every single game is making progress.  And it certainly isn't helping JI or Markelle if they are able to play.   I doubt this scenario very much.

10 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I don't agree that losing every single game is making progress.  And it certainly isn't helping JI or Markelle if they are able to play.   I doubt this scenario very much.

You can doubt it all you want. It is OBVIOUS. The management does NOT want to win games this year. 

6 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

You can doubt it all you want. It is OBVIOUS. The management does NOT want to win games this year. 

So they're tanking the entire season, retarding the development of our team on purpose, for a 50-50 shot at a top 4 draft pick.  If that's really their strategy, it's a great way to keep us bad forever.

It's obvious that we're not winning games but that doesn't mean we're losing them on purpose.  The team is just really bad.

They want a top 3 pick and prefer a number one. They have kept Fultz off the court for over a month. Isaac has been out for how long?  They sign Tim Frazier lmfao. They don’t give a dam about winning this year. All they want to do is evaluate the young players to see if they want to keep them and how they develop. That’s it. It is the only explanation for our lineups and signings that makes any sense. 

You can talk winning culture all you want, what happened the year before San Antonio drafted Tim Duncan? Didn’t seem to hurt their culture. Whatever the hel that is. 

• Like 1

Silver lining today looks like that Cole comes back scoring without missing a beat. That's probably about the third time he's come back from being out and just jumped right back into being a good offensive player. Not sure what to make of him long term but he is a scorer for sure.

1 minute ago, fan for too long 2 said:

They want a top 3 pick and prefer a number one. They have kept Fultz off the court for over a month. Isaac has been out for how long?  They sign Tim Frazier lmfao. They don’t give a dam about winning this year. All they want to do is evaluate the young players to see if they want to keep them and how they develop. That’s it. It is the only explanation for our lineups and signings that makes any sense. 

You can talk winning culture all you want, what happened the year before San Antonio drafted Tim Duncan? Didn’t seem to hurt their culture. Whatever the hel that is. 

Whatever culture San Antonio had started with having elite talent. Before David Robinson they were rubbish.

7 minutes ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Whatever culture San Antonio had started with having elite talent. Before David Robinson they were rubbish.

Staying terrible until we draft a superstar is only a good strategy if you want the team to leave Orlando.  

10 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

After all these bad years you still think that teaching your young players to win doesn’t matter.  I guess reality just never sinks in to some people.  

5 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Staying terrible until we draft a superstar is only a good strategy if you want the team to leave Orlando.  

I'd believe that when I see it and not a moment before then.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

After all these bad years you still think that teaching your young players to win doesn’t matter.  I guess reality just never sinks in to some people.  

We tried winning with marginal players with vooch and Evan for years. How did that work out for ya? Winning comes from hard work and talent. You keep coming back to the heart and hustle team, that was great but how many championships did that culture bring us? That would be a big fat Zero. 

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Exactly. Playing the long game

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

So they're tanking the entire season, retarding the development of our team on purpose, for a 50-50 shot at a top 4 draft pick.  If that's really their strategy, it's a great way to keep us bad forever.

It's obvious that we're not winning games but that doesn't mean we're losing them on purpose.  The team is just really bad.

In time you will see. Nothing in life is guarantee of course. But they have their strategy and i am cool with it