Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic vs Bucks Official Game Thread - Thurs., Dec. 30 @ 7 PM

18 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I get it, you’re the board curmudgeon and have really been embracing your role.. bah humbug.. 

you go ahead and choose to be disappointed and miserable every game. I’ll keep trying to find ways to enjoy it and things that go well. We literally are missing over half of our roster and are playing several guys who shouldn’t even be in the NBA and have been for quite some time and we haven’t folded. 

I just don’t like the way our expectations are declining.  Now it sounds like we’re ok with losing as long as we lose well.  Losing with a good effort is fine for recreational play;  it’s not fine for pros.  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

The fact he doesn’t think Franz Wagner is doing anything significant is also laughable. The man is legit playing lights out and he attributes it to being on a bad team and also not making his teammates any better lol. 

We’re about to be 7-29.  How about we stop singing our praises for how great we’re going to be until we can actually win some games?

Not a curmudgeon.  Just reflecting reality rather than fantasy.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I just don’t like the way our expectations are declining.  Now it sounds like we’re ok with losing as long as we lose well.  Losing with a good effort is fine for recreational play;  it’s not fine for pros.  

Going into tonight, we’ve had the most minutes played by hardship players by far. Over double the next closest. I understand the frustration but this team is in a terrible situation right now. The fact we’re even able to field a team is impressive.

5 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

We’re about to be 7-29.  How about we stop singing our praises for how great we’re going to be until we can actually win some games?

I guess you’re just delusional then. We literally have more than half our roster missing between injuries and Covid for most of this year yet you want us to compete with teams who are completely healthy. Franz is the best rookie out of this class and you fail to recognize how well he’s been playing. Nobody is saying we are playing great but we are playing as good as we can with the personnel we have available. Add in the fact we are a super young team and what do you expect when we are playing against experienced teams who have vets and usually an Allstar or two on the roster? 

1 minute ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

I guess you’re just delusional then. We literally have more than half our roster gone between injuries and Covid for most of this year yet you want us to compete with teams who are completely healthy. Franz is the best rookie out of this class and you fail to recognize how well he’s been playing. Nobody is saying we are playing great but we are playing as good as we can with the personnel we have available. Add in the fact we are a super young team and what do you expect when we are playing against seasoned teams? 

I’m delusional but we’re 7-29.  We’ve only had guys out with Covid the past 10 days or so.  We were equally bad when they were in. 

Wagner has one assist and three turnovers tonight.   

Just now, JJZFL said:

I’m delusional but we’re 7-29.  We’ve only had guys out with Covid the past 10 days or so.  We were equally bad when they were in. 

Yup you’re delusional and a terrible evaluator of basketball talent. We’ve been missing key starters all year. Cole Anthony has missed a bunch of games, Jalen Suggs has been out for a couple of weeks now, and add in Fultz/JI what more can you expect from this team? Franz also makes the right play 9 times out of 10 can’t blame him if his teammates can’t finish when he passes it to them. He’s also being tasked with being the primary ball handler and create his own shot. I get you’re frustrated with the direction of this team in the past but we are honestly on a better path now than we ever were after the Howard fiasco. Can’t expect a bunch of guys 23 and under to come out and beat most of these teams that’s just unrealistic. 

15 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Yup you’re delusional and a terrible evaluator of basketball talent. We’ve been missing key starters all year. Cole Anthony has missed a bunch of games, Jalen Suggs has been out for a couple of weeks now, and add in Fultz/JI what more can you expect from this team? Franz also makes the right play 9 times out of 10 can’t blame him if his teammates can’t finish when he passes it to them. He’s also being tasked with being the primary ball handler and create his own shot. I get you’re frustrated with the direction of this team in the past but we are honestly on a better path now than we ever were after the Howard fiasco. Can’t expect a bunch of guys 23 and under to come out and beat most of these teams that’s just unrealistic. 

I've been hearing that our young guys will turn in to stars for a decade.  I will believe it when I see it.

I stand by my prediction for next year.  We remain at the bottom with less than 30 wins.  We'll see who's right a year from now.   My ability to evaluate basketball talent doesn't matter at all.   What does matter is whether the Magic actually win basketball games.

48 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

The fact he doesn’t think Franz Wagner is doing anything significant is also laughable. The man is legit playing lights out and he attributes it to being on a bad team and also not making his teammates any better lol. 

The shooting / scoring is more significant than ordinarily for us as well, being that it's been consistently decent % and he's been finding his own shot and also at good volume. Three things that were question marks for him coming out. While I do not want to jump the gun on anyone, there is no way he hasn't done everything we could expect of a 19/20 year old guy.

53 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Please re-read my post, which was in the context of responding to multiple posts saying he was a star or superstar because he scored 38.  What I said was that to be a star in my book, you have to make your teammates better.  And that at this point in his admittedly young career (I acknowledged he hasn't played even half an NBA season yet), he hasn't done that.  I backed that up with some statistics.

At no point did I say he hasn't done anything significant.  Feel free to disagree with what I say, but not make up stuff I didn't say and then disagree with that.

I want to preface what I am about to say is that I am not here to defend anyone.

First, and what is very important to me, is that I am surprised at the name calling and telling someone they should agree with what the majority's opinions are instead of respecting a poster/contributor's own opinion. After all, this is a message board.

A little while ago, I was praising the truebluenation message board members how respectful the participants are/were of each other's opinions--no name calling and no openly use of profanity--unlike one of the Tampa NFL team's message boards that I frequently read (I am not a member or a fan).

For the past 4 or 5 years I have enjoyed being a Magic fan and participant on the truebluenation message board. I am a female, and I have learned a lot from the posters who have a knowledge of the game beyond my own average knowledge of the game.

I read every comment made by posters, and if I don't understand or see where the poster is coming from in their post, I ask them to explain instead of telling them they are wrong. So, please, let's continue to respect everyone's opinion--especially if they can back it up with stats along with what is actually seen during a game. 

GO MAGIC!!!  

sA9rM4.png

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Yes I understand you can’t get past the fact we have a horrible record but you’re still failing to realize why we have said record. You also just focus on all the negative things instead of finding any positives in a lost season. What’s the point of being a fan if you’re just going to be negative all the time? Again we’ve been without our leading scorer Cole Anthony for a good amount of games, without arguably one of our best on ball defenders in Suggs, and without 2 of our starters in Fultz and JI. Those guys come back and our bench becomes a lot better because we usually start to lose the lead once our starters sit out and the current bench guys come in. Not to mention we are a very young team with players still trying to figure out their respective games and a new coach/system. Add in the recent games players have missed due to Covid and what were you expecting? I would say the few positives would be Gary Harris finally finding his game, Cole Anthony being a legitimate scorer, and more importantly Franz Wagner showing us how versatile he is and how good he will become in the future. I would love to win more games but that’s kind of impossible to do with the way this season has gone. Also Wagner can’t force guys to make shots when he passes it to them which is why he had such a low number of assists and the turnovers were a result of him being the only guy capable of creating his own shot. He was also getting fouled when he drove to the basket against one of the better defensive teams in the league and not getting any calls which is why he had 3 turnovers. If we are healthy next year we won’t have the worst record in the NBA simple as that. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I want to preface what I am about to say is that I am not here to defend anyone.

First, and what is very important to me, is that I am surprised at the name calling and telling someone they should agree with what the majority's opinions are instead of respecting a poster/contributor's own opinion. After all, this is a message board.

A little while ago, I was praising the truebluenation message board members how respectful the participants are/were of each other's opinions--no name calling and no openly use of profanity--unlike one of the Tampa NFL team's message boards that I frequently read (I am not a member or a fan).

For the past 4 or 5 years I have enjoyed being a Magic fan and participant on the truebluenation message board. I am a female, and I have learned a lot from the posters who have a knowledge of the game beyond my own average knowledge of the game.

I read every comment made by posters, and if I don't understand or see where the poster is coming from in their post, I ask them to explain instead of telling them they are wrong. So, please, let's continue to respect everyone's opinion--especially if they can back it up with stats along with what is actually seen during a game. 

GO MAGIC!!!  

sA9rM4.png