CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

On 5/24/2022 at 3:23 AM, CTMagicUK said:

John Hollinger has apparently suggested we could be letting everyone assume we want Chet to try and get the Thunder to trade for the pick. 

That could be a shrewd move, and I'm sure it would please a lot of people on this board. My only concern is Sam Presti has a pretty good track record with draft picks, it'd suck to see Chet go on to be a great player even if we drafted a good one ourselves. The Hawks ended up with Trae Young but they could have had Luka. 

This is how I feel about Paolo. I see a bright future in him.

So Daniels… If WeltHam are looking real long-term, this guy can’t be overlooked. Looks like the Barnes of this draft.

14 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

CT you brought up Alabama, so Jabari against them in 2 games averaged 21 points 6 rebounds 2.5 blocks and shot 13/24 and 9/18 from 3. So you kinda proved my point.
Jabari>>>>Chet

I can get behind Jabari though I prefer Paolo. I don't want Chet at all. 

The main thing for me is I see Jabari as 3 and D, he will be a good role player, but you don't build around him. I see Paolo as a building block because you can play though him. Go too scoring is what you need in the playoffs. 

You don't pass on Blake Griffin/ Chris Webber / Carmelo Anthony for Rashard Lewis/ Cliff Robinson. These are all allstars players, but some allstars are better than others.

We need the piece not a piece. Paolo please God. You can thank me later.

The only way we don't take Paolo is if we feel we already have our playmaker and go to scorer: Fultz/Cole/Wagner/Suggs

Wagner/Fultz would need to make major improvements wanting to score and be aggressive every game.

On 5/24/2022 at 9:43 AM, Albert Lergier said:

Don't worry about them too much next year....both will be in their comeback year after major injuries. Markelle we know, is a little bit ahead of JI as he played in some games last season.

Both will play limited minutes....I'm going to say max of 24 a game and won't play in back-to-back games.

The team will continue the FULL REBUILD next year....and will be one of the youngest teams in the league.....with so many young players to develop, the minutes have to be split as evenly as possible. I don't see a player averaging 30 minutes a game next season.

I'm predicting they improve from 29th to around 25th.

Season 2023/24 is another story...this is when the team turns the Magic on !!!!  Many, many years of many, many wins then.

If we don't fake injuries,  this year coming, we will be close to the play-in. Once you get the #1 pick, tanking should be over. Odds are you don't win the lottery again.

On 5/24/2022 at 7:57 AM, TreyMachine said:

Here’s my issue with this guy - he lists great things about our rookies and Cole Anthony, and says we need a “shot creator” which might be true, but you can tell he never watched a Magic game with Markelle at the helm. 

I truly believe Fultz as the primary ball handler will be much of what we need, surrounding him with shooters and good defense. He can score and finish on his own, but chooses to facilitate. You don’t need a Paolo on your team with a Fultz - you need a sharp shooter. 

And I’m bullish on Fultz being the MIP of the Year next year. I think they let the minutes reigns off him and he averages 20 ppg and 10 assists. 

I agree, but you are counting on someone that has missed 70% of his games. I am not betting on Fultz or Isaac.

19 minutes ago, LaVar said:

If we don't fake injuries,  this year coming, we will be close to the play-in. Once you get the #1 pick, tanking should be over. Odds are you don't win the lottery again.

I dunno, Detroit got first pick last year and how did they do this year? 

Tanking can be hard to “turn off”, mainly because you’ve structured your team to lose.   

4 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I dunno, Detroit got first pick last year and how did they do this year? 

Tanking can be hard to “turn off”, mainly because you’ve structured your team to lose.   

All I know is tanking sucks !!! …Sheesh, how do you watch that crap …I know I couldn’t and I was amazed at the few people that did show for games …I mean, the bottom line is the score and who wins lol …that’s how I was raised …If I’m playing I wanna win …rant/

35 minutes ago, LaVar said:

I agree, but you are counting on someone that has missed 70% of his games. I am not betting on Fultz or Isaac.

I think this is a fair take and understand the Paulo attraction, too.

• Upvote 1

I just saw someone describe Jabari as "Super Tall Terrence Ross" and while that's not strictly true and quite harsh (particularly on defense) its still really funny. 

34 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I think this is a fair take and understand the Paulo attraction, too.

Agree