CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

Jeremy Woo says scouts think Jalen Williams range is 25-35. I almost feel like it's a guarantee at 32 if he's there given his scouting report and the types of prospects WeltHam like but if we actually really like him we'll probably have to trade into the 20s before the Thunder pick him at 30. 

11 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Jeremy Woo says scouts think Jalen Williams range is 25-35. I almost feel like it's a guarantee at 32 if he's there given his scouting report and the types of prospects WeltHam like but if we actually really like him we'll probably have to trade into the 20s before the Thunder pick him at 30. 

Saying that I just read Hollinger thinks he's top 20 (which is more in line with what I thought considering how well the combine went for him)

8 hours ago, LaVar said:

The quote was from nbadraft.net.

Athletic is more than jumping hang time. What scouts are calling paolo not athletic? Power, speed, and quickness matter as an athlete.

That site is not regarded as a legit scouting site. Paulo could end up being great and the best in the draft, I’m just not sure he fits our type. For a reference point, read the article from Orlando Magic Pinstriped that CTMagicUK just posted. 

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

John Hollinger has apparently suggested we could be letting everyone assume we want Chet to try and get the Thunder to trade for the pick. 

That could be a shrewd move, and I'm sure it would please a lot of people on this board. My only concern is Sam Presti has a pretty good track record with draft picks, it'd suck to see Chet go on to be a great player even if we drafted a good one ourselves. The Hawks ended up with Trae Young but they could have had Luka. 

Wasn’t Luka gone by the time Atlanta picked?

5 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Dallas and Atlanta famously swapped picks. Atlanta originally drafted Luka and then Dallas at #5 made an aggressive offer to get Luka from them and Atlanta drafted Trae Young with the pick. 

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Here’s my issue with this guy - he lists great things about our rookies and Cole Anthony, and says we need a “shot creator” which might be true, but you can tell he never watched a Magic game with Markelle at the helm. 

I truly believe Fultz as the primary ball handler will be much of what we need, surrounding him with shooters and good defense. He can score and finish on his own, but chooses to facilitate. You don’t need a Paolo on your team with a Fultz - you need a sharp shooter. 

And I’m bullish on Fultz being the MIP of the Year next year. I think they let the minutes reigns off him and he averages 20 ppg and 10 assists. 

• Upvote 1

I prefer Jabari over Chet and last yr I wanted kuminga over Franz, and look how that turned out. So by looking at last yr Chet might just be our guy. I’m pretty sure having his brother on the team helped Franz a lot last yr. So maybe having Suggs on the team will have the front office try to mimic that same success from last yr

43 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Atlanta had the 3rd pick. They traded it to Dallas. 

31 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Here’s my issue with this guy - he lists great things about our rookies and Cole Anthony, and says we need a “shot creator” which might be true, but you can tell he never watched a Magic game with Markelle at the helm. 

I truly believe Fultz as the primary ball handler will be much of what we need, surrounding him with shooters and good defense. He can score and finish on his own, but chooses to facilitate. You don’t need a Paolo on your team with a Fultz - you need a sharp shooter. 

And I’m bullish on Fultz being the MIP of the Year next year. I think they let the minutes reigns off him and he averages 20 ppg and 10 assists. 

Im bullish on Fultz too so I'm not going to argue there. 

The counterpoint for Banchero is, imagine if you could have what Fultz brings but at 6'10, 250, on a rookie contract and without the injury history of an ACL tear and shoulder issues. 

I watched this last night and enjoyed the talk. I learned a few things. Skip to 15:15 for Magic specific talk (short). 

If you don't feel like watching, the former OKC scout says:

- all signs pointing to Jabari going #1

- Paolo is a darkhorse for #1 pick. we really like him.

- best skills = Paolo; analytics darling = Chet; best developmental project = Jabari

- Ivey has Kobe-like mentality and Det has been gunning for him. 

- if OKC trades back, it'll be for Ivey

• Upvote 1

Now I want to be clear, all of this stuff comes from people that are not affiliated with the Orlando Magic so take it with a grain of salt. 

Hoop Intellect does a very good job breaking down prospects both positive and negative. 

I’ve watched their videos on all of the top prospects. Here is the video they released on Sharpe. 

Its not as in depth as their normal videos, but understandably, because Sharpe doesn’t have nearly as much tape.