CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

4 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Yeah, we get it, you hate the tank. Mostly I don’t like it either, but if you’re in the bottom 2 or 3 of the conference with 12-15 games left, then you might as well. 

And if you are missing most of your starters for a good chunk of the season there aren't a lot of options to get better. I'd love to see a full season with:

Fultz/Suggs/Anthony

Sharpe//Harris/2nd rounder

Frantz/TRoss/2nd rounder

JI/Chuma/vet signing
WCJ/Mo Wagner/Rolo

Dump everybody else!!

24 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

And if you are missing most of your starters for a good chunk of the season there aren't a lot of options to get better. I'd love to see a full season with:

Fultz/Suggs/Anthony

Frantz/TRoss/2nd rounder

JI/Chuma/vet signing
WCJ/Mo Wagner/Rolo

Dump everybody else!!

As I said, we went into this season fully intending to tank due to our roster being so incredibly young.  Injuries had almost nothing to do with it.  

Anyway, it’s water under the bridge now.  I 100% completely share all of your hopes that we somehow get a difference maker in this draft.  I just don’t think it’s very likely to happen.   

22 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Fultz/Suggs/Anthony

Frantz/TRoss/2nd rounder

JI/Chuma/vet signing
WCJ/Mo Wagner/Rolo

Dump everybody else!!

Dump Ross also and maybe trade Chuma if you can get anything for him. 

Just watched Pardon The Interruption …Wilbon and Kornhiser both saying Chet is not a lock to go number 1 …they said they’d love to have him on their team but at 195 and a shot blocker he ain’t stopping no one down low …they scoffed at the idea of him guarding Antekumpo on the block …said it would be child abuse …google it if you wanna hear it I couldn’t find it online 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Just watched Pardon The Interruption …Wilbon and Kornhiser both saying Chet is not a lock to go number 1 …they said they’d love to have him on their team but at 195 and a shot blocker he ain’t stopping no one down low …they scoffed at the idea of him guarding Antekumpo on the block …said it would be child abuse …google it if you wanna hear it I couldn’t find it online 

How many times A Better DJ have said it? 100 times...at least !!!

To keep things real and honor CTMAGICUK, I’ve just done some research on Chet. Here’s what Mike Schmitz of ESPN had to say about him on March 8. I’d not read the Dirk mention until now but offensively I could see that as Chet’s ceiling. I personally see him closer to a Kristas type but this is some high praise.

“Where Holmgren could get in trouble is when teams switch on him to take away his pick-and-pop 3 and force him into post isolations, where he's easily pushed off his spots. But I imagine we'll see more and more of Holmgren's Dirk Nowitzki fallaway in the NBA, and the fact that he can handle, shoot off the dribble and pass at 7-1 will allow him to overcome some of the physicality concerns.

Teams seem slightly more concerned about Holmgren's frame than previous slender prospects, yet with the NBA being more of a "length and skill" league, some of the most respected voices are clearly optimistic that what he does well will translate to the NBA. The questions are more along the lines of durability. You never want to fully downplay any physical concerns (Zion Williamson, Porzingis), but Holmgren has never needed to rely on physicality to have an impact, and that shouldn't change at the next level. Holmgren is maybe the most intriguing prospect I've evaluated not named Wembanyama over the past decade or so, skinny frame and all, and has done nothing to show me he shouldn't be the No. 1 pick in June. -- Mike Schmitz”

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/33448318/why-gonzaga-chet-holmgren-polarizing-nba-scouts

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

LeBron, Zion, Draymond, Antekumpo, or any of the other freight train to the basket guys are gonna hurt Chet the Stickboy really bad. O-<-----<
We can't afford to blow this draft on a guy that obviously looks fragile. (Hello JI)

8 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Never like Schmitz. This confirms it. 

Hahaha!!! I mean he’s a good evaluator. He called for SGA to go much higher but no one listened to him. He also liked Ball over Anthony and Wiseman.