CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

10 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Kofi #100 in that list. Hahahaha! Clueless Where’s Timme??? Come on man!

Slow footed big men who don't block a lot of shots generally don't translate to good NBA players. 

ball junkie Big Board 1.0 lol 

1) Jabari Smith …we all know Rashard Lewis game well …Very, very good player but not the or a star.

2) Paolo Banchero …like his ability as a playmaker …look in the NBA playoffs right now Duke guys doing well …Chris Webber and Julius Randle comps .

3) Shaedon Sharpe …the mystery man but the talent to make every team picking in the top 5 crazy with intrigue …With comps such as Paul George and Anthony Edwards could ascend to the top pick …as a Magic fan if we’re going off comps this would definitely be your guy …along with Banchero biggest star power.

4) Chet Holmgren …did not like what I read in one of those links I posted saying he built stats up playing lesser quality bigs and didn’t do as well against higher quality bigs …if you’re going up another level in competition that is definitely worrisome .

5) Jaden Ivy …Olidipo and Mitchell comps …solid player …considered top 4 player but I got Sharpe over Ivy .

6) Keegan Murray …would fit well on our Magic …shades of Siakim and Horford as comps .

Would be interested in reading anybody else’s Big Board as we wait on the draft lottery just 10 days from now …”Come on man” …to steal a phrase from FanFor2Long2 lol

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Slow footed big men who don't block a lot of shots generally don't translate to good NBA players. 

He may not block a lot of shots but I would not say he is slow footed for his size and he is definitely not slow getting down the court. And he would dominate on the block. He has a good motor also and has improved every year and has not been playing very long, started playing in his junior year in hs.

I would take him ten times out of ten over Bamba!!!

So I get the feeling there are more people here that do not want Holmgren drafted by the Magic then there are for him getting drafted …I’m sure everyone here’s main goal/objective is securing the number one pick in the soon to come draft lottery.

Question for anyone that cares to answer since it’s kinda crazy lol …

Is there anyone here that is leery about getting the top pick cause they are afraid Weltman will draft Chet ?

And I think there is a general consensus reading what draft experts say that the top 3 can probably go in pretty much any order depending on who gets the first pick.

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

So I get the feeling there are more people here that do not want Holmgren drafted by the Magic then there are for him getting drafted …I’m sure everyone here’s main goal/objective is securing the number one pick in the soon to come draft lottery.

Is there anyone here that is leery about getting the top pick cause they are afraid Weltman will draft Chet ?

And I think there is a general consensus reading what draft experts say that the top 3 can probably go in pretty much any order depending on who gets the first pick.

I will admit to this - I want us to get the first pick, so we are guaranteed of getting our first choice; and yet, I am nervous about how the front office's board might look. Will their first choice be the same as mine? Right there with you, junkie!

4 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Scares me that we get the first pick and pick a skeleton. But wouldn’t surprise me. Lol. It would though, confirm my suspicions how inept this organization is. 

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, ball junkie said:

The top 3-5 could probably go in any order so there’s a chance we draft him no matter where we wind up.  

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1mrxmanRPBMxy?s=20
So as we wait for the 17th to get here …this is Phillip Rossman …the writer from Orlando Magic Daily …he’s a good writer I think …lately on Fridays he’s been doing these mock drafts …in this weeks mock the Magic hypothetically get the top pick …so Phillip has a guest writer come aboard his show to pick who he would want between Smith, Holmgren and Banchero …the guest writer stuns Phillip by picking Sharpe …they then spend the first 10 minutes of the podcast discussing Sharpe …was very interesting and the writer states his case as to why he would pick Sharpe number 1 overall …give it a listen if time permits …they don’t start talking until the 45 second mark