CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

8 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Would it be worth drafting Chet just to make sure they don’t re-sign Bamba? I’m at least partially serious lol

YES!!!

On 4/3/2022 at 12:44 AM, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

If we got #1, and Portland got 4 &12, how many would trade #1Chet), for 4, 12, and future 1ST besides me??? I'd reach for both Murray and Agbaji and get us some damn scoring! I'd also grab Koloko and Keels in the 2nd round and say goodbye to Mo and a few others.

I would seriously have to consider something like #1 for #4, #12 and a future (even if it's top 3-5 protected) first. This would be the draft to do it, as the depth probably makes this a win, even not knowing what you would get with the future pick. 

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

I would seriously have to consider something like #1 for #4, #12 and a future (even if it's top 3-5 protected) first. This would be the draft to do it, as the depth probably makes this a win, even not knowing what you would get with the future pick. 

While I agree I have concerns about developing so many players at once, that being said I probably wouldn’t make that trade. 

15 hours ago, J Roc Baby said:

Y'all be hating Chet too much. Yeah I know, he's lanky. That doesn't mean he's instantly getting hurt. But we need another scoring threat. Cole and Suggs are streaky, JI and Fultz can't stay healthy. Wendell and Franz need help out there and Bamba scoring 10 points on a good night or RoLo/Mo Wagner off the bench isn't gonna do it.

There are too many physical players that could easily injure that skinny boy. LeBron, Embid, Zion, Draymond, and a few others come to mind. Chet does not have the body to add more than a few pounds. We already have JI as our "too skinny for the NBA" project, how's that working for us so far? Hopefully management has learned that lesson! Let him be some other team's rehab project.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, King Close said:

While I agree I have concerns about developing so many players at once, that being said I probably wouldn’t make that trade. 

With the injuries we had this year, management has had ample opportunity to evaluate our young players and their potential. I think even some of the 2nd rounders this year have more potential than some of the guys we already have. Since we are in a rebuild mode anyway this is the perfect time to cut our losses with some of them and bring in guys that know how to throw the round ball into the hoop. We have Frantz, Fultz, and WCJ (possibly Cole) to build around. I'd resign Harris if we can get a good deal, and the rest I'd replace as many as possible. 

5 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

Without a clear top player(s) in this draft, I’d trade down for a better crack it at. This past draft shows how hard the draft can be, as Wagner seems to be a far better prospect than Suggs at this point. Plus, a guy like Agbaji is older and won’t need near the same development as an 18 year old would require.

I would do that deal in a heartbeat. In fact i would also trade bamba and cole. 

I love coles personality but i just dont think he's every gonna be anything more then an inefficient chucker with some hot games. Bamab is like a bobblehead roly poly on the court. Watch the knicks game and he just doesnt have the attack and the athleticsm, timing and hands. Let someone else take him on.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

It’s top 5 guaranteed, not top 4.  Original point stands.

Well, yes.  You’re guaranteed something if you’re the worst team in the NBA.  That something is about a 50-50 chance of getting fifth pick.  The question becomes whether making yourself that bad is worth that return.  My opinion on that has been expressed many times so I won’t repeat it again.  

• Like 1

On 4/4/2022 at 6:15 PM, JJZFL said:

Well, yes.  You’re guaranteed something if you’re the worst team in the NBA.  That something is about a 50-50 chance of getting fifth pick.  The question becomes whether making yourself that bad is worth that return.  My opinion on that has been expressed many times so I won’t repeat it again.  

If your the worst team or the fifth worst? Does it really matter? You suck! Management, this off season better get their **** together and get this team on a steep upward trajectory or owners patience will wane and they will be shipped out possibly next year. We will see in a few months if they are serious or are happy trolling it’s fanbase. 

From 2015-18 the worst team got the number one pick. Hasn’t happened since 2018. But before 2015 correct me if I’m wrong but we were the last team with the worst record to get number 1 in 2004