CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

3 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

WHAT IF......WHO WOULD HAVE BEEN THE PLAYER WE SELECT THIS YEAR?

If in last year's draft, the Raptors pick Suggs instead of Scottie Barnes.....and by default we select Barnes and Franz.....WHO WOULD HAVE BEEN OUR BEST OPTION?

Jaden Ivey

4 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Paolo can shoot and will shoot better. Mike miller is his *****ing agent and coach. We just hired lethal shooter who is the best shooting coach on the planet. We are going to be fine

Jay i'm not saying it "might" work... Just why didn't we hire this person 3 years ago when we were still the worst shooting team in the league.

3 hours ago, Shine88 said:

He finished the year shooting 53% from the the 3, while carrying his team on his back to the Final Four. Plus, you tell by his shooting form (especially spot up shooting) that he can improve as a shooter.

his overall season was 33%... 39 games. Whether he had 3 good games in a row does not override 36 previous games. I agree he might be a better shooter over time, just that as it stands now we did not add a long range shooter to the team. Look at his per game logs.

17 1 3 .333
18 1 4 .250
19 2 5 .400
20 0 2 .000
21 1 5 .200
22 2 4 .500
23 1 3 .333
24 1 4 .250
25 0 2 .000
26 1 5 .200
27 0 3 .000
28 0 3 .000
29 4 7 .571
30 3 3 1.000
Rk 3P 3PA 3P%
31 1 5 .200
32 0 4 .000
33 0 1 .000
34 0 1 .000
35 2 4 .500
36 2 5 .400
37 3 4 .750
38 1 2 .500
39 2 4 .500

3 minutes ago, jjgator said:

https://sportsnaut.com/chet-holmgren-tanked-orlando-magic-visit/

Should players be fined or something for admitting this? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy we didn't draft him (7' 190 lbs sounds like a disaster waiting to happen), but it seems pretty unprofessional.

I don’t think so. I think it speaks to his character more than anything else. I’m glad we passed on him.

22 minutes ago, jjgator said:

https://sportsnaut.com/chet-holmgren-tanked-orlando-magic-visit/

Should players be fined or something for admitting this? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy we didn't draft him (7' 190 lbs sounds like a disaster waiting to happen), but it seems pretty unprofessional.

Correct me if I'm wrong but where did he admit it? The article doesn't include a single quote from Chet. The whole thing is hearsay from Jeremy Woo from the looks of things. 

This seems like spin from Chet's camp or the Thunder to act like they got the best player in the draft because he didn't want to come here but we just drafted a guy we didn't work out at all it's safe to say this wouldn't have deterred us if we thought Chet was the best player but we obviously didn't. 

Yeah this is getting into a reddit type discussion. Don't be a hater. I honestly think this was not the place for that kid, no matter how he turns out.

Also anyone who listens to local Orlando radio the afternoon show is the place for positive Magic talk. You can tell it's gonna be different then the last half decade. Those guys are very pumped to get this town excited about the team again. 

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

Yeah this is getting into a reddit type discussion. Don't be a hater. I honestly think this was not the place for that kid, no matter how he turns out.

Also anyone who listens to local Orlando radio the afternoon show is the place for positive Magic talk. You can tell it's gonna be different then the last half decade. Those guys are very pumped to get this town excited about the team again. 

I just hope that the games are actually broadcasted on the radio. Way to many times, I found myself going to the station on my drive home, only to find out that a UCF College game is being aired instead.

1 hour ago, Extential said:

I just hope that the games are actually broadcasted on the radio. Way to many times, I found myself going to the station on my drive home, only to find out that a UCF College game is being aired instead.

The problem with the radio broadcasts, which I know from trying to listen to them on Sirius, is that the Magic got rid of their radio broadcast team as a money saving move.  So you hear the TV broadcasters, and quite often they ignore the play by play so Jeff Turner can go off on stupid tangents.  It can be incredibly frustrating at times trying to listen and realizing you have no idea what’s going on;  a lot of times they don’t even mention if someone makes a shot.  

5 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

The problem with the radio broadcasts, which I know from trying to listen to them on Sirius, is that the Magic got rid of their radio broadcast team as a money saving move.  So you hear the TV broadcasters, and quite often they ignore the play by play so Jeff Turner can go off on stupid tangents.  It can be incredibly frustrating at times trying to listen and realizing you have no idea what’s going on;  a lot of times they don’t even mention if someone makes a shot.  

Seriously “money saving”. This team is run by multi billionaires. Not millionaires. They have plenty and to take away a team’s radio  broadcast and fire many long term employees to save a few thousand dollars, shows what they think of their fans. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Seriously “money saving”. This team is run by multi billionaires. Not millionaires. They have plenty and to take away a team’s radio  broadcast and fire many long term employees to save a few thousand dollars, shows what they think of their fans. 

Hell we should be able to afford a capable broadcast team based on our 2nd round cash considerations we receive every year.  I believe it was north of 2.2 million this year.