CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

12 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I gave my take on Houstan above and I'm happy with the Paolo pick.

I think a lot of talk was made about the uniqueness of both Jabari and Chet in different ways and we all kind of glossed over that 6'10, 250 19 year olds with high end court vision, natural scoring instincts and the ability to pass, dribble and shoot basically don't exist. That's about as unique a prospect as I can think of. I've made the 18-19 Blake comp but Blake was vastly different as a prospect and took a long time to develop into that kind of player who the offense could run through. Paolo is a lot closer at a lot younger age. If he continues to develop that's scary.

I think we got our alpha here 

3 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

My body was screaming for sleep haha.

Houstan is an intriguing pick due to his physical tools. And it’s a position of need

Can shoot it very good too MP

Hope you slept good my guy

17 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

So I’m personally just going off of the highlights. He clearly has a great, tight handle and an arsenal of offensive moves. He’ll be able to help with “playing with the pass, pace, and space” Mosley originally discussed when he came on - though the “space” part remains to be seen as he’s a 33% 3PT shooter and 73% FT (Jabari would have maybe brought the “pace and space” but not the pass).

This draft is entirely betting on it will be easier for Banchero to learn to hit 3’s and give some more consistent defensive effort than it would be for JSJ to learn to more tightly dribble and gain some better court vision. I think that bet is a fair one. 

I want to get to know Paolo’s personality more. I loved JSJ’s humble, workman attitude. As our team’s leader, I don’t know how Paolo will lead, but he’s clearly done it at a high level so I’ll trust he’ll fall in over time.