CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

2 minutes ago, nickanderfan said:

Paolo pick doesn't excite me, 15 more years of mediocrity

Piss off and support another team then!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

A lot of guys I really respect had Paolo at 1. I couldn't quite get there because of the Chet love but I'm pretty excited. Summer league is going to be awesome.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hootie249 said:

Wow, Paolo was the guy 14 months ago. gonna figure he is still trade bait. Till the drafts over. 

Bro if he hasn't been traded yet he's not being traded. 

I wanted Paolo and now Mathurin is gone. Damn that kid is gonna be a star. Did you watch him? Both of them were monsters before the tournament and DURING march madness.

1 minute ago, Soul Bro said:

Vecenie’s ranking: 3.

How you rate Banchero depends entirely on how much you value offensive upside above all. If you want someone who has a chance to carry an offense, Banchero should be the No. 1 guy on your board. If the shooting comes around — and I think it will — his game translates well as both a primary offensive creator and a No. 2 option. He’s a sharp passer, a very fluid shot creator with the best bag of tricks in the class and possesses at least enough touch to reasonably project him as an excellent perimeter shooter. He’s a genuine mismatch nightmare and likely will continue to be effective in that regard at the NBA level. Can he defend in space well enough to avoid being targeted for mismatches on that end? Right now, I think he would be attacked on defense because of his poor closeouts and his movement in space (and because of faulty effort). But he has potential to get to a level where that doesn’t happen given his size, strength and intelligence.”

https://theathletic.com/3380606/2022/06/23/nba-draft-grades-analysis-2022-vecenie-hollinger/

Soul our defense was not the problem …plus we have Issac returning …look at all the stuff Hollinger brags about his offense 

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

A lot of very smart NBA people don't think workouts mean very much at all. If I remember correctly Weltman and Hammond didn't work out Giannis either. 

I hear you. But Giannis was deeper in the first round. We're talking top pick. Why wouldn't we want to take a chance to see him up close again. What's the point of smoke if we brought the other 2 guys in for workouts. 

What's still in play...junkies trade for Sharpe (lol) OR a trade for a major star once that team picks.

With Paolo you can make a trade to get rid of the chaff and expect to contend in two years. Who was tired of losing? Well now it's kind of over.