CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

2 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

I just don’t see why they would move up when it is clear we want Jabari and oof prefers Chet 

I thought the problem is that Houston might ALSO prefer Jabari. You don't make that trade unless you're sure the Rockets want Paolo (or we want Paolo secretly). 

You make the trade if you're the Rockets because you're afraid OKC doesn't actually love the risk of Chet and will take Paolo with the #2 pick. 

No one REALLY knows who we want. The Chris Webber / Penny Hardaway draft trade came out of left field. We could see something similar tonight. 

34 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Guys, I really want Murray. I think he’s a star heading into his prime. Not sure what it’d take but I’d trade Suggs/Anthony and multiple first round picks. Teaming that guy with Franz, Jabari and Carter would be nasty.

DEJOUNTE MURRAY!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I thought the problem is that Houston might ALSO prefer Jabari. You don't make that trade unless you're sure the Rockets want Paolo (or we want Paolo secretly). 

You make the trade if you're the Rockets because you're afraid OKC doesn't actually love the risk of Chet and will take Paolo with the #2 pick. 

No one REALLY knows who we want. The Chris Webber / Penny Hardaway draft trade came out of left field. We could see something similar tonight. 

Media is way different now than it was back then. Hard to really compare 

2 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

If we don’t get extended minutes of our draft pick playing with Isaac and Franz at the same time I’ll have to fly to Orlando and whoop someone’s ass

We’ll have about 30-40 games out of the season that Isaac might play to give it a shot I guess

48 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

I’ve always wondered how trading cash works. Does it give a team that much more cap room?

Nah it's literally just cash money. I remember hearing a story about a team traded a pick that I think became Kyle Korver and used the money to fund their Summer League team and buy a new photocopier or something like that. I'm hoping that this is just Weltman building good will in the organisation so that when we're good they'll be more inclined to spend into the tax etc but that's just blind hope and the truth is probably a lot less basketball related.